Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2003, 02:26 PM

Default Re: How bad can it get?

i keep good records that way when i am in a recession i realize that all that matters is my ev per hour. which in the long run will all work out as long as my bankroll is at the proper level. Now 220bb is a big down swing and i would look for some leaks in your game. if your win rate is 1bb and your sigma is 10 to 15 then you only have about 5% chance being down that much.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:52 PM

Default Seek tighter games for less volatilty

You will get the most volatility on extremely loose sites, think about how many times have you said to yourself how did this moron call an under pair against a two over paired board and your ace high takes the whole pot. This is an extreme example but bonehead plays like that can bite you when the same moron chases his two outer to the river and cracks your AA. If you want less swings play at tighter times of the day, or at tighter levels. Conversely you will also get paid off way less at these levels too.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:08 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. I may go back to No Limit for a little while. Yes, I have definitely re-raised on the river with a set, but I felt the situation warranted it.

Example: Flop Q64 with one heart. There are two of us in the pot and I raised from the button with 66. Only one limper calls. Turn is a face card heart and she bets, I raise. River is an ace of hearts, she bets and I raise. Now I should have assumed she caught runner runner heads up and called on the flop with absolutely nothing, but instead, I put her on two big pair when the ace came, and raised, then she re-raised. So had I just called, that would be two less bets I would have lost.

I have definitely lost bets here and there making crying calls. However, I have played this way for a while and it has served me well. Players will do silly things when the pot is large and if I am getting 20-1 I am calling on the river if I have any chance. I'd say out of the 230 bets lost, maybe 30-40 could have been saved. One thing i've noticed is that I tend to make pots that I am in huge when I have the best hand. I guess people like chasing me down because of this. Usually it serves me well, but lately it is like being tied to a cactus in the desert with a pitcher of water dangling in front of me...
Old 09-17-2003, 03:53 PM

STOP PLAYING LIMIT!!!!!!!!!!

PLAY NO LIMIT
Old 09-17-2003, 04:01 PM

Why does this enter into the equation?