Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 12:58 AM

Default Best Chip and a Chair story

Playing in a live $100 buy in tourney - $1750 starting bank and over 200 starters.
Early on a Player loses a big pot and is left with a single $25 chip.
Doubled up about 7 times and was chip leader at the first break!!
He made the final table but I had to leave before winner was known.....
Unbelievable - any better??
Old 10-28-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Best Chip and a Chair story

I once finished third in a $20+2 on pokerroom in which I had 5 chips. Next three hands I won a 5-way with an ugly two pair, Q8 or something, then flopped trips to triple up, then got AA and three callers. Got me to like 350, and I went from there.

Edit: set over set in the first level got me to 5 chips
Old 10-28-2005, 01:11 AM

Jack Strauss won some tournament - it probably wasn't even that important of a tournament - when he was reduced to a single T500 chip.

I dunno, the legend has probably outgrown the facts.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:08 AM

wow awesome.. personally, I was in a 3 table, 27 person S&G on Stars (5 + 0.50).. lost a big altercation really early, I forgot the hand, I think I had QQ, but not sure.. anyways other person I had barely covered and I was down to like 60 bucks with blinds still at 10/20.. came back and placed in top 5.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:35 AM

$10+R+A live tourney. I was a rookie and brought only $10. 5 tables plus alternates. 500 starting chips. Level three I'm down to one $25 chip. Hextuple up on a flush w/ QJs, go on a sick run that includes AA, KK, QQ, TT, 77 (set), and two nut flushes. I finish second because I sucked HU at the time. $200.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:37 AM

That Jack Straus tournament was the Main Event of the WSOP, but I think you may have been being sarcastic. My sarcasm detector is on the fritz, so I just had to guess.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:56 AM

As a first post I give this a "B". Interesting story, but not real poker content. There is definately a "who the hell are you?" feel to the post, but it is a decent post.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 07:21 AM

There was some story they were talking about on RGP at the WSOP where a guy said something vague (but not "I'm all in") that was like "I bet it" and shoved what seemed to be his whole pile of chips into the pot. He lost the hand, but when he stood up to leave, he "found" a chip under his pop cup or something. He then went on to do well (win?) the main event.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:51 AM

Unfortunately, mine is a 2 chips and a chair story...but at a Foxwoods $60 morning tourney w/ 193 entrants this past July, I was down to 200 (out of 1500) chips at the end of the 3rd blind level (50/100). I got moved to a new table with my 2 T100 chips, and proceeded to come back to win the whole thing.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:10 AM

My friend played in a final table with Can Kim Hua and Paul Phillips. It was down to 5 players. Kim Hua lost a giant pot to leave him with 2 ante chips. He folded the first time, thus leaving himself with just one ante chip, and ended up winning the tournament after doubling up many times in a row.