Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 10:17 AM

Default Posting in non-ideal positions

Ideally, you should post in the BB or the CO every time.

At a B&M that I go to, you can post on the button or even in the SB, provided that the button / bb is dead, and that you post the full price if you're posting in the SB.

However, it's still not wise to post in UTG.

I'm playing limits now where there's a $5/half hour session instead of a rake per hand.

If I'm paying $5/half hour in rake which is collected every hour and half hour, on the hour and half hour, and we tend to get around 1.5 orbits per $5, should I consider posting in a less-than ideal position?

You don't have to pay session when you first sit down, but if you were sitting out (taking up a seat but not playing) you WOULD have to pay session to keep your seat.

Same goes for meal buttons at this place, I think.

--Dave.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Posting in non-ideal positions

I don't know about all those factors you mentioned making all that much of a difference. while I wouldn't post in UTG I would post as early as MP2... Miller says there is a very minute mathematical difference between where you post.

I usually just say: "post? what do you mean? oh, I can play now! Sounds good!" Then I post

:P