Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: tough spot with JJ

If I was BB here, I'd flat call AA and hope for exactly what happened--shorty pushes over the top, stox calls or isolates (doesn't matter), and then I jam it.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:41 PM

i dont like the raise to $200. i like to min. riase it here, hand is much easier to play after that.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:30 PM

Am i the only one who thinks this is an easy fold, although not one that you can make all the time. This is why i'm bad at online, in live play you can almost always feel where you are in this spot. Assuming these guys are regular people, it seems like a fold a warrented here.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:04 PM

The money is too deep IMO to push. I would either call or fold. The guy in the middle could easily have you beat (He did call a raise and a reraise). Calling also looks pretty strong. Calling with Aces would not be a bad play here either (if that's what you had) since the reraise is pretty significant by the shortstack.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:19 AM

Although I agree that you are too deep to push, I don't think you can just call either. I think the reason you don't push is because you could go broke to BB. If you call, and BB pushes or bets big on flop, you are basically back to the same decision, but you have put an extra 500 into the pot. And you definetly don't have set odds. The only thing you can hope for by calling is that the BB folds, which he might do, but 500 is a little much to find out.