Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 12:02 AM

Default First post

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $25.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3.66 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.83 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.83 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

I just wanted to have the first thread. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Krishan

Congrats to Josh and Schneids!! Hopefully not too many of my threads get locked.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:05 AM

Default Re: First post

nh. I 3bet the flop if villain is capable of folding some pairs(which is rare.)

You have the first non-mod post. I have the first mod post! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Surf

first response.

standard.

[ QUOTE ]

You have the first non-mod post. I have the first mod post! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOOOO!
Old 11-26-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's the rub. Not many people will get involved with air in a small pot like this. I think he is overwhelmingly holding a pair that is going to showdown. That is also why I'm comfortable with the river cr.

Krishan
Old 11-26-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I three bet the flop regardless of his ability to fold a pair. I just love any pair and a flush draw. Nicely played and way to get the first post in.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $25.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3.66 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.83 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.83 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

I just wanted to have the first thread. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Krishan

Congrats to Josh and Schneids!! Hopefully not too many of my threads get locked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does everyone check raise this river as standard? Do you ever worry that is going to be checked behind? If we hit our flush, we definetly lead, no?
Old 11-26-2005, 12:20 AM

I would definitely lead with a flush. The c/r is nice b/c the 4straight protects us from being 3bet by worse hands so it's an easy fold to a 3bet (spicyf-style). As krishan noted earlier, villain has a pair here an overwhelming amount of the time and we want to get the most value out of it.

Surf
Old 11-26-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would definitely lead with a flush. The c/r is nice b/c the 4straight protects us from being 3bet by worse hands so it's an easy fold to a 3bet (spicyf-style). As krishan noted earlier, villain has a pair here an overwhelming amount of the time and we want to get the most value out of it.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunnp. Couldn't he easily have an 8, 4, or PP, and scared that there are now 3 overcards that are decently likely for people to hold, and check behind the river? I guess this is a more agressive game then I am used to, and people value bet more?
Old 11-26-2005, 12:46 AM

well played. dont 3bet the flop