Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Three to a flush on the flop..now what?

I see situations similar to this every day. Good flop hand and three to a flush hits the flop. Do you bet or check/call? In this situation I'm behind two straights, pocket 7's and a made flush. Were my betting/raising decisions correct?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

River: (13 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button folds.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Three to a flush on the flop..now what?

[ QUOTE ]
I see situations similar to this every day. Good flop hand and three to a flush hits the flop. Do you bet or check/call?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the love of God don't check call
Old 11-10-2005, 01:43 AM

Flop:
Generally I like the idea of jamming the flop with any set, even on a scary board. Get the bets in now, anyone with one heart or straight draw will come along. and you could be behind now, but you have those full house outs. The raiser doesn't worry me (yet).

Turn &amp; River: What line do you take if you get raised on the turn? Call, then check/call the river if you don't fill up?
Old 11-10-2005, 01:44 AM

The board is drawy as all hell, but you have a solid made hand and a redraw against anyone who did indeed flop a straight or flush. People are either drawing to the bitter end or getting out of the way now, so jam while you are still best.

With that said, you played the hand fine. If you got capped I would bet/call the turn (unless the board pairs) and look to call down unless you end up four-flush and/or four-straight on the river without filling up. That is a fun situtation to deal with (not).

-K
Old 11-10-2005, 01:48 AM

You can't assume a flush every time you see 3 suited cards. You have to bet and raise to protect your set from anyone who holds a single heart.

You played it fine. What would you do if a villain raised the river?
Old 11-10-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn &amp; River: What line do you take if you get raised on the turn? Call, then check/call the river if you don't fill up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I had planned to call one bet if raised on the turn and check/call to the river.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I had planned to call one bet if raised on the turn and check/call to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know you have 10 outs against a made hand not a bigger set, right?

Folding the turn would be very bad.

-K
Old 11-10-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't assume a flush every time you see 3 suited cards. You have to bet and raise to protect your set from anyone who holds a single heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't they still have odds to call as long as you get one other caller?
Old 11-10-2005, 02:54 AM

flush draws have odds to call because of what's in the pot, but a large percentage of the bets going in on the flop go to you since you will fill up so often and leave them drawing dead. also if they have to call getting 8:1 that is better than checking at infinity:1

Mods, is there a standard 'raising draws for value' thread that gets linked to? Man that [censored] blew my mind. made me a winning micro player.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:56 AM

Blew my mind too. I'd be willing to accept nominations for what will be an oft-cited classic. However, I don't have a link at my finger tips.