Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 11:26 AM

Default PT database question

When I first started using PT I didn't use a separate database for each limit. Is it possible to create a new database and import HH from different limits from my old database? Or am I screwed?

J72
Old 06-07-2005, 11:32 AM

Default Re: PT database question

PokerTracker has an Export Hand History Function, and you can definitely export by limit. No worries...

Oh, and yes, you can just create a new DB for each limit, if that is what you desire.

Gojacketz
Old 06-07-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: PT database question *DELETED*

Post deleted by Bradyams
Old 06-07-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to create a new database and import HH from different limits from my old database? Or am I screwed?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is possible, but it's not smooth :

1)You can create a new database and import the hand histories you still have on your computer. The default setting is 30 days on these though so you'll only have that much of hand histories saved.

2)If you go to UTILITIES, then EXPORT HAND HISTORIES TO FILE, it will go through your old database and create text files of all the hand histories it has imported. Then just import all those text files into your new database.

------------------------------------------------------

This isn't going to give you an exact copy but it will give you most. You'll get errors of observed hands if you didn't save the hand histories for them (which is off by default).

When you have your new copy of a database, you can then go to UTILITIES, then DATABASE MAITENANCE AND OPTIONS, go to your names and purge all the sessions you don't want.

If you have a little computer and PT knowledge, you can just manually copy your old database in windows, rename it and then set it as your new database in PT. This will save you the effort of doing 1 & 2 from above.

I don't know of a better way but maybe someone else does? This is how I've always done it.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:37 AM

Won't that just export your own hand histories? Not sure if he datamined, but that won't cover observed games.

Probably easier to use the Utilities/Export and filter by limit in there to insure that you get all games for a specific limit.

Gojacketz
Old 06-07-2005, 11:37 AM

Looks like the "Export Hand Histories to File" is an easier way to do it. You can select which limit(s) you would like as well.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Won't that just export your own hand histories? Not sure if he datamined, but that won't cover observed games.

Probably easier to use the Utilities/Export and filter by limit in there to insure that you get all games for a specific limit.

Gojacketz

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I didn't really think about that at first.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:40 AM

Speaking of observed games...this has been driving me nuts. How can I get the hand histories for games that I observe on Party? Is there a setting within Party? I'm not getting them now if I just open a table and watch. Do I have to actually sit at the table and be dealt out? There has to be a simpler method than that, right?
Old 06-07-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of observed games...this has been driving me nuts. How can I get the hand histories for games that I observe on Party? Is there a setting within Party? I'm not getting them now if I just open a table and watch. Do I have to actually sit at the table and be dealt out? There has to be a simpler method than that, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure when you have the auto import window open that you have the "Do not import observed hand history files at this time" box UNCHECKED. It's under the "Observed Hands" tab in the "Auto-Import Party Hand Histories" function.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:57 AM

Well done. I was under the impression it was a setting on Party. Makes sense now. Thanks a million. I imagine data mining the games you play while you're at work can lead to a huge advantage? Right now, I only have about 17k hands in my database and I really don't have that many hands on any individual I play with...maybe 500-1000 at most.