Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2005, 08:18 AM

Default My aggression stats

I've been trying to find leaks in my game recently and would like some input on my aggression stats.
These are my AF numbers over 20k hands from 1/2 and 2/4:

Flop: 4.69
Turn: 4.64
River: 2.23

Are these numbers too high? I have a healthy winrate, but I've been wondering if my tendency to autobet the flop (against 1-3 opponents) after being the pf raiser is a leak?

The one situation I hate is when I bet the flop with AK (not hitting), getting one caller, and then drawing a blank on the turn. Chip spewing?
Old 02-09-2005, 09:40 AM

Default Re: My aggression stats

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: 4.69
Turn: 4.64
River: 2.23

[/ QUOTE ]
These are high numbers. But it's hard to say anything about them without knowing what hands you're playing aggressive. Posting hands you're not sure you played correctly is the best way to find out.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: 3.52
Turn: 2.55
River: 1.62
Total 2.36

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIF these are AF's Bison posted after about 20k hands playing 3-6.

My numbers are:
1.34/2.58/3.12/2.4
Total: 2.01

I would like to be more aggressive postflop, but my win rate is good.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a healthy winrate, but I've been wondering if my tendency to autobet the flop (against 1-3 opponents) after being the pf raiser is a leak?

[/ QUOTE ]
Betting into 1-2 players after missing AK is standard. I bet into 3 players depending on reads.

[ QUOTE ]
The one situation I hate is when I bet the flop with AK (not hitting), getting one caller, and then drawing a blank on the turn. Chip spewing?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hate it, but you have to bet the turn also IMO.

What's your preflop and total aggression?
Old 02-09-2005, 11:15 AM

Thanks for the input.
My VPIP is 16.5, my PFR is 8% and total aggression (without PFR) is 3.93 (1.87 including PFR).

Regarding AK - I read Ciaffones Improve Your Poker and noticed a hand where his advice was not to bet AK during similar circumstances (based on reads, however). I believe this a part of my play that could be sharpened.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Regarding AK - I read Ciaffones Improve Your Poker and noticed a hand where his advice was not to bet AK during similar circumstances (based on reads, however). I believe this a part of my play that could be sharpened.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's tricky and very player depandant. And board dependant to.

[ QUOTE ]
My VPIP is 16.5, my PFR is 8% and total aggression (without PFR) is 3.93 (1.87 including PFR).

[/ QUOTE ]
Where do you see the AF without PFR included? The only one I looka at is the onein the "more detail"-window.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:30 AM

At the top of that 'More Detail' dialog box there is a checkbox to include preflop numbers in your aggression total. Just check or uncheck it.

And just as a side note since we're comparing, my AF Total is about 2.20. Not including pre-flop.

T
Old 02-09-2005, 11:31 AM

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2005, 11:34 AM

Those numbers are a bit high, but like someone else said the best thing is to post hands. See what others say about them. As for the AK missing the flop. The bet on the turn is dependent upon the opponents you have left, and the reads you have on them.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:24 PM

These numbers don't seem bad but it's hard to tell if they imply leaks.

Since AF is (bets+raises)/calls, that is, a function of three numbers, its hard to say which of those three numbers are where. It might not mean that you are betting and raising too much, but might mean that you are not calling as much as others. You can make your AF go through the roof by simply not calling unless you're calling the cap. This would be an extreme strategy, but it would be a better one than raising only when you are beat and calling and checking when you have the nuts even if you have the "ideal" (don't really know what this means anyway) AF factor.

It is for this reason among others that show why specific hands are much more valuable than AF factors. AF factor will give ranges and if your win rate is healthy and remains healthy, then maybe we should be asking you questions about our leaks instead of you asking about ours.

What is your Standard Deviation in BB/100 hands?
Old 02-09-2005, 03:23 PM

Rah:

I've always felt uncomfortable with overcards, and I guess even pros do as well. SSHE has a great section on overcards with some examples if you haven't already read that. It's given me some more confidence in my decisions there. It talks about the following factors to consider and the mixes of each.

Pot size (I consider to be most important)
# of players
Backdoors
coordination of board
Reads on players

Sure is a lot to consider.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:54 AM

Thanks for the advice.
Where do I find the standard deviation stat?