Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2004, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Interesting bot news

It's a possibility of course, but on the other hand, there are a lot of discussions with a range of users, many different styles of writing represented.
There are reports from people failing to make money, as well as reports from people making money. I'd say that the probability that it's all a fake is very small.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:09 PM

Question about Winholdem and Poker Tracker.....If a bunch of people are using the same bot code, wouldn't their Poker Tracker stats all be the same? So if I see VPIP=18, PFR=8, Avg Agg = 2.1 on 400 hands, either it's Winholdem or just another good player I want to avoid anyway? Does anyone know what stats Winholdem will converge to in the long run?
Old 12-17-2004, 12:25 PM

Since most of the people seem to make their own setup, it probably isn't likely. Plus, if they make nice bots, they'd probably have about the same stats as many 2+2ers.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:47 PM

is that the East Bridgewater Viking?
Old 12-17-2004, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not being facetious at all, but how do you know those posts are real? It would make sense for the author to put them up to boost sales. Not saying that's necessarily true, but just asking why you think it isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few months ago Ray Bonnet (the author of WinHoldem) consistently had 'conversations' with himself and 'customers' over on RGP. He wasn't very good at it, as it was obviously the same guy. I'm 99% certain that the posts over on their forums are legit. Like the other poster said, lots of different writing styles etc. From what I understand WinHoldem isn't a great piece of software and its a bitch to code. But its only a tool, designed to allow your code to interface with the poker site. A lot of the decisions at low limit holdem are so automatic that it would amaze me if people WEREN'T able to code those decisions to make a profitable bot.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:04 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

Site admin has replied to the criticism. I have replied with my own rebuttal (I'm "Wanderer"). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Mike
Old 12-17-2004, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a possibility of course, but on the other hand, there are a lot of discussions with a range of users, many different styles of writing represented.
There are reports from people failing to make money, as well as reports from people making money. I'd say that the probability that it's all a fake is very small.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rah,

Looking the posts over myself I agree with you.

JunieB,

There is no way those stats converge fast enough for you to have sufficient evidence you were playing against the same bot. Not to mention it sounds like different people make different adjustments to the AI. Unfortuneatly, PT is just not an effective counter-measure.

gm
Old 12-17-2004, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they'd probably have about the same stats as many 2+2ers.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, in general, one could assume that the resident LAG is either a 2+2'er, or a bot? got it! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

cheers!