Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: 6-max Coach

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think chuck will let that happen.

[/ QUOTE ]
Depending on how involved the mod wanted to be, such a list could always be compiled and then simply PM'd to those who asked, as opposed to stickied.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think chuck will let that happen.

[/ QUOTE ]
Depending on how involved the mod wanted to be, such a list could always be compiled and then simply PM'd to those who asked, as opposed to stickied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe.

I would hope Chuck would be okay with MUSH'ers deciding to keep this particular thing in a sticky since it would be incredibly useful to the forum. Also, it's not like coaches are making a killing (kiddo excluded, apparently) since it is below their poker earn rate for the most part.

Anyways, it will be up to Chuck and Mason I guess. We'll see.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kiddo is a good (swedish) coach and his offer can be found here

regards
Snow

[/ QUOTE ]
Damnit, I offer this exact same service for NL for $75. I should [censored] raise my rates.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:37 AM

i'm coaching 6-max for $125/hour.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:55 AM

Thx for all the replies. Hope i havn't caused the prices to go up. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Remind me to start charging more.

I stuck by what I thought was the usual $100/hr. There's no way it takes me 3 hours to comment on 15-20 hands out of a 200 hand set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I normally comment on a bit more, maybe 30-40 hands. There are a lot of not very interesting hands where u have to tell why you do/dont do a certain move.

It takes me a bit above 3 hours. But then the one I coach can comment on all my comments and it take me 1-2 hours to do that.

$300 for working 5 hours is $60/h. If I play poker (and is as focused as when I coach) I do about 3 times that. I do it because its more fun then playing, not because I need $.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:44 AM

I read through Kiddos offer on his site and it seems quite good to me. However if I were to get a coach I would definitely want some live sweating through irc,msn,aim whatever, in addition to indepth analysis of handblocks.
Infact I think Kiddo's offer would be much better if he charged $500 and included 2 hours of live coaching.

As to the cost, I did some coaching awhile back and it's very timeconsuming and it can be quite draining. So I really dont think he's overcharging at all assuming he's as good a teacher as I think he is.

One should note that you can have a really good player coaching you, but he won't necessarily be worthwhile to you if he's unable to identify your most pressing leaks (usually misunderstanding concepts or misapplying concepts) and present them to you in a clear and coherent way. Some people play poker alot better than they talk poker, you don't want one of those guys tutoring you.

-Nikla
Old 11-23-2005, 04:54 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
I read through Kiddos offer on his site and it seems quite good to me. However if I were to get a coach I would definitely want some live sweating through irc,msn,aim whatever, in addition to indepth analysis of handblocks.
Infact I think Kiddo's offer would be much better if he charged $500 and included 2 hours of live coaching.

As to the cost, I did some coaching awhile back and it's very timeconsuming and it can be quite draining. So I really dont think he's overcharging at all assuming he's as good a teacher as I think he is.

One should note that you can have a really good player coaching you, but he won't necessarily be worthwhile to you if he's unable to identify your most pressing leaks (usually misunderstanding concepts or misapplying concepts) and present them to you in a clear and coherent way. Some people play poker alot better than they talk poker, you don't want one of those guys tutoring you.

-Nikla

[/ QUOTE ]

quit supporting your norsk brethren. you arent even norsk. you are aussie now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm coaching 6-max for $125/hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

this means watching you play while discussing on AIM...
Old 11-23-2005, 05:29 AM

I am considering doing some coaching on the side. The format will entail me analyzing a video of the player's play, creating a write up of interesting or misplayed hands/situations, then discussing the writeup on AIM and answering any questions. I would like to help a few players as a trial before deciding if I want to do this permanently and make a website, etc. PM me if interested and for pricing details, qualifications, or any other info. For a ballpark I am thinking $100 per hour but I'll do the first few players at 50% discount since hopefully I will be learning as much as they do. The price will be fixed though for video + analysis + discussion and will depend on the length of video. BTW, I'd feel comfortable coaching players at any shorthanded level up to and including 1-1.5bb/100 (suspected) winners at 10/20.