Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 05:11 AM

Default J9 HU--justified defense?

I'm having some problems playing top pair with a kicker that can be dominated (or even middle pairs). Villian plays most BB hands even against a raise and he bets out on the flop a lot. He also donk bets a lot. I've seen him get aggro with top pair and weak kicker, but not like this. Is this alright?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:12 AM

Default Re: J9 HU--justified defense?

don't like the button open limp or the turn cap.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:13 AM

Let me be the first of to say raise preflop. Hand plays different from there, so I have no comments on the rest of the hand.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:24 AM

You know, I have no idea why I didn't raise PF with this from here--dumb, dumb, dumb. Can I delete this post?
Old 11-11-2005, 08:57 AM

Try to steal the blinds man. THis guy probably has something like A3, who knows. BUt steal the blinds.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:33 PM

A few problems with this hand.

One, if you want to play this on the button, you gotta raise, good chance they fold, and regardless you got position on a lot of good flops for you to take uncontested.

Second, your flop raise isn't good, it's a small pot and you would want to keep people in on your DRAWING hand.

Third, your turn cap is nuts, you are likely pretty far behind, your mistake here is making a small pot a large one without a good hand.