Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: This bloodlust is sickening

[ QUOTE ]
(1000 people on death row* ($61.58 a day * 365 days/year))/20,851,820 Texans= $1.08 per year to the taxpayer.

Interesting no?

[/ QUOTE ]

What is interesting is that I would pay $20/day just to get the death rows cleaned out. Make no mistake, I mean that all the inmates need to leave the prison------ in body bags.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's fine, then keep them there. I have no complains, although I think the message Tookie put out probably helped save a life or two, so why not encourage it (not that you were saying not to, just saying it's a positive).

[/ QUOTE ]

?????
Is it your thoughts that the crips were not formed to terrorize the community, to sell drugs, sell women, and to kill if necessary?????
Old 12-13-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: DON\'T KILL TOOKIE

Elwood, you are still missing the point. The question was - Why do you care whether or not Stan Williams was put to death?

My answer was I believe in vengeance. Also, the family wanted him dead. That is all the reason I need to want him put to death. This was all related to whether or not he should have gotten clemency. As long as the family wanted him to die then the answer is NO. If they did not want him to die, then Arnold had a decision to make. It was never about the family makes the verdict or decides the punishment. That was where it was misconstrued.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you figure that the world is better off now that a guy who was rotting in jail anyway, is instead rotting 6 feet underground?

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably will not begin to rot till the ground warms up in spring.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only in America could a criminal nominated for the Noble Peace prize be executed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought about it that way...It is kinda funny in a real morbid way...

-Gryph

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone can be nominated - winning is another story.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only in America could a criminal nominated for the Noble Peace prize be executed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is easier than you think. You can nominate yourself. Now what you may have meant: Only in America could a convicted criminal, scheduled for execution for the deaths and torture of 4 people, be nominated for a Noble Peace prize. Yes, that is the only thing that make sense.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Elwood, you are still missing the point. The question was - Why do you care whether or not Stan Williams was put to death?

My answer was I believe in vengeance. Also, the family wanted him dead. That is all the reason I need to want him put to death. This was all related to whether or not he should have gotten clemency. As long as the family wanted him to die then the answer is NO. If they did not want him to die, then Arnold had a decision to make. It was never about the family makes the verdict or decides the punishment. That was where it was misconstrued.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just stupid. Killing people because you "believe in vengeance".

Criminal penalties are intended to improve society. Society is of course benefitted by removing the criminal from the population, at least for a time. But both jail and execution accomplish this. So the question then is how is society made better by this execution as opposed to keeping him in prison.

On the one hand, executing him feeds your animalistic feelings of vengeance, feelings that (1) not everyone in society shares, (2) do nothing to affect society in a meaningful manner, and (3) likely will subside over time.

On the other hand, this was a person who MIGHT have been able to do something good, something concrete, by convincing young people to avoid gangs. If he convinced 5 kids in his entire lifetime not to join a gang, that is far, far more valuable than vindicating someone's instinct for vengeance.

So tell me again why he should have been executed?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the one hand, executing him feeds your animalistic feelings of vengeance, feelings that (1) not everyone in society shares, (2) do nothing to affect society in a meaningful manner, and (3) likely will subside over time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vengeance is the only reason I need. And guess what, a majority of people in this country agree with capital punishment. They may have different reasons for agreeing with it but that is mine. You can call it stupid if it makes you feel better. My feeling for vengeance would not subside over time if it was my loved one that was murdered.
Not until the scumbag was executed. Too bad you don't understand this but thankfully I am in the majority on this one.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vengeance is the only reason I need. And guess what, a majority of people in this country agree with capital punishment. They may have different reasons for agreeing with it but that is mine. You can call it stupid if it makes you feel better. My feeling for vengeance would not subside over time if it was my loved one that was murdered.
Not until the scumbag was executed. Too bad you don't understand this but thankfully I am in the majority on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vengence has no palce in the legal system. Niss is 100% correct when he says that criminal punishment should benefit society. It is about justice, not revenge for the family.

While your opinion is stupid I will not merely say so. Your opinion is flat out wrong. The government should not be givin the power to kill its own citizens because 30 people are really pissed off at one guy. Vengence is a childish motive and is not one for the modern world.

Punishment is not about getting even, its about helping society. An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(1000 people on death row* ($61.58 a day * 365 days/year))/20,851,820 Texans= $1.08 per year to the taxpayer.

Interesting no?

[/ QUOTE ]

What is interesting is that I would pay $20/day just to get the death rows cleaned out. Make no mistake, I mean that all the inmates need to leave the prison------ in body bags.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing you get laughed at alot when you speak to others right?

Cody