Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2004, 04:07 AM

Default Poker Tracker Stats - How my play has changed (LONG)

Overall Stats for 3/6 (whole semester, i have played other limits, i didn't win at them, but i player very few hands in relation to my 3/6 play. moreover a small stint in 15/30 really wouldnt apply for the discussion):

Total Hands: 24,570
VPIP: 11.34%
Raise Preflop: 5.82%
Folded SB to Steal: 94.62%
Folded BB to Steal: 81.33%
Folded BB to Steal HU: 77.27%
Attempt to Steal Blinds: 25.17%

Won$When Saw Flop: 31.4%
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]BB/100 Hands: 1.78
Went to SHowdown: 30.97%
Won $ at showdown: 60.86%

Aggression Factor:
Flop: 2
Turn: 1.84
River: 1.8

When Fold:
No Fold: 8%
Pre Flop: 82.57%
Flop: 6.31%
Turn: 2.04%
River: 0.94%
Folded to river bet: 42.23%

Here are my posistionals:
Button: VPIP=17.77, BB/Hand= 0.13,
PF Raise: 12.62%, Won$SD 64.48%

CO (noticeably weak posistion for me-Why?:
VPIP 13.28, BB/Hand 0.04,
PF Raise 8.72%, Won$SD 49.57%

LP: VPIP 11.72, BB/Hand 0.07,
PF Raise 6.55%, Won$SD 60.38%

MP3 also seems weak: Much lower win rate then LP or MP1/MP2.
VPIP 9.7, BB/Hand 0.07,
PF Raise 3.73%, Won$SD 58.89%

MP1 and two are solid, UTG is kinda weak too but thats to be expected.

Hand Selection:
AQ seems to pay 40% more per hand then AK for me. Am I bluffing to hard with AK. I've also played a lot of A-10o and have lost money overall on this hand. The weakest posistion I play it in seems to be LP right before cutoff.

Anyway thats overall stats. The thing I'm most interested in is how my play has changed over these last months. I have been reading books, using poker tracker and playerview, and also using the forums. As a result I want to compare the first 14,000 hands to the last 10,000 or so.

New Data:
VPIP: 10.21
PFRaise: 7%
Aggression:
Flop: 2.73
Turn: 2.27
River: 1.96
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]BB/100: 0.49

Noticeable Changes:
Posistionally I raise A LOT more in the later posistions preflop. MP3 and the Cutoff remain my weaknesses, especially the cutoff. Am I perhaps raising to much in these posistions.

Cards: My winrate with Jacks is way up but my winrate with tens is down. Perhaps I shouldnt jam tens as hard as I do.

AQ remains stronger then AK and now AJo and ATs, ATo and performing badly. I think I've given these hands to much aggression. I raise on AT too much perhaps.

Old Data:
VPIP: 12%
PF Raise: 5.25%
Aggression:
Flop: 1.7
Turn: 1.66
River: 1.73
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]BB/100: 2.52

AK finally performs better then AQ. ATo and AJo are winners again. MP3 and Cutoff remain weak posistional spots for me. Pre flop raising is way lower then new data.

Anyway, it is obvious from the data that there is something wrong with my new style of play. I have been working to improve my play but my winrate keeps getting lower and lower. Any suggestions?
Old 12-13-2004, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Poker Tracker Stats - How my play has changed (LONG)

Ok, I think your VPIP is a little low say 3 points. I think your won$ atSD is too high (5%), this means you are folding the winner too many times. You should look to have your PF raise around 10% IMO and one number that jumps out at me is your W$SD from the CO. At 49% this is about 5-6% lower than I would like it. Folding to river bet seems high...mine is at 35% or so(which still seems high). Anyway what are some winrates from the blinds and it does not seem that you defend them much at all. What do you require to have to defend. What hands do you limp from EP and UTG and what do you need to open raise, etc. I need to know more about your hand selection. Do you play small Pocket pairs, etc? Your aggression is getting better, that's good to see. It's hard for me to analyze your play just based on your stats but if you posted specific hands I would be more than willing to help you (PM me or via AIM) and I'm sure others would be too. A good forum for 3/6 hands would be the small stakes forum. I happened to stumble in here because Amir(developer of PV) is one of my good friends. You have to remember that a bad run of cards can affect your stats with only 10,000 hands in each batch.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:56 PM

UTG I limp with AJ and AQ. Raise on AK and 10s or higher.
MP I used to limp wiht A-10 off but I seem to have given up this practice. I am also hesitant to play something like QJo in MP. I'll limp with KQo. Also note that if I have AJo, or KQo or several other hands I will usually raise if there are limpers already in the pot.

In LP,CO, or Button I used to limp with cards like Q10, QJ, K10, etc. Now I raise with them. And if no one bets the flop I usually bet.

In the blinds I am too timid. I find I play badly out of posistion, so even when I have cards that are good I don't like to throw in. My blind play is usually related to # of ppl in the hand. Many people in the hand means ill play suited connectors and low PP. Very few means I fold them.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:10 PM

why dont you raise aj and aq utg?
Old 12-13-2004, 03:46 PM

My feeling is that most of the hands I dominate, say ace rag, will fold to the raise. However, if I let the fish limp in wiht his A-2o right behind me I can destroy him.

Also, since I'm out of posistion this leads to all sorts of problems. And its hard to bluff out of posistion dn you usually get bet by the button and have to fold before seeing more cards.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My feeling is that most of the hands I dominate, say ace rag, will fold to the raise. However, if I let the fish limp in wiht his A-2o right behind me I can destroy him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why do you raise with AK? You are kind of contradicting yourself by saying you raise ak utg but wont raise aq because you dont want them to fold ace rag.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:45 PM

I suppose. The thing thats great about ace king is I know ill have 6 outs if i miss my flop, but if a king come against my Ace Queen I only have 3 and I usually have to fold. I fold alot more often in EP, is this normal?
Old 12-13-2004, 07:04 PM

yes, you should fold a lot more often in EP but you shouldnt open limp very much, if at all. especially with a hand as good as AQ
Old 12-13-2004, 07:15 PM

Loosen up!

My PFR is higher than your newer VP$IP. Players like you are great to have around the table. I know where I stand, can get more action against the live one in a short pot and steal blinds.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:31 PM

I'm gonna try and loosen up. I think playing multi table made me feel like I was getting beat alot. You lose with A-10 in EP+MP so much you stop playing it and so forth. I'll try to play things like K9 suited in MP and so forth.