Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Ideas/Strategies to get to the Final Table

[ QUOTE ]
95% of the time all the skill in the world can't get you to the final table

[/ QUOTE ]
just now in a 100+9 three tables left, avg chip stack, my table is hyper aggressive. every hand is getting raised and reraised. we are in the money but i am looking for a hand to pump me up to where i can do some serious damage and get me to that final table.

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG i limp and the entire table limps behind me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. sometimes it just doesn't work the way you want.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:51 AM

<<<A A UTG i limp and the entire table limps behind me . sometimes it just doesn't work the way you want. >>
That's too funny. Another thing that "happens every time . . ." the same aggressive table, raises - reraises everywhere. . never a flop seen and suddenly you catch AA in the big blind. Then the unthinkable happens. They all fold to you and all you pick up is the small blind!
Les
Old 11-03-2005, 03:00 AM

Sometimes I think it's hard for people to get the hang of MTTs after playing ring games for so long. You have to know that you're not going to win every tournament you enter. Not even close. All it takes is that one big placement and you're ahead from most/all your past losses.

Tournament play takes a lot of patience. Not just within the actual game but waiting to win. It's hard going into a game and knowing you did your best to lose. Just know that eventually you WILL see the profit, even if it isn't instantly.