Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Just a general suggestion to improve 2+2 books, pretty simple but

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's fine, though I think there be more space between the question and answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's another reason I'd add, which is when I refer to pages with all the answers, I tend to accidentally register other answers whether I like it or not. I may not know the context or the question but it will be in the back of my mind, somewhat ruining the future questions. I haven't seen the book, but just a clear boldface ANSWER or separating line should be enough.

Albert

[/ QUOTE ]

You are talking about having an "answer section" with all the answers next to each other. That would be just as problematic. I actually prefer the current method.

The ultimate solution would be to end each question on a right side page, and start each answer on the following left hand page. Then you could finish reading the whole question, even reread it if you like, with no risk of seeing the answer. The next question could start immediately following the previous answer, etc.

Of course, that would create more editing of the questions and the answers to fit the space properly, or there would be large blank spaces. But I've seen it done in other non-poker books, and it works very well.

Now I'm doing a song and dance with both hands, and I still see the answers too soon many times, especially when I return to the book after a break from reading it. "Now, where was I... oh crap."

-ptmusic