Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 04:59 PM

Default 3/6 JJ+rags - maximinize winlosses

3/6nl on UB. 6 handed.

Preflop:

56/19/2.5 LAGgamuffin [Villian, $675] limps UTG+1 (this means he has something remotely playable that isn't good enough to raise).

Folded to me [$632] in the SB; I raise pot with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Bad chasing donkeymonkey [$549] BB calls,
Villian calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Pot $72, 3 players)

I bet the pot, BB misclicks and folds, Villian calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (Pot $216, 2 players)

What's my line? How do I maximize my winnings and minimize my losses? He's bad but not exceptionally bad, he can fold and he can make decent bluffs.

I'm not worried about him having an overpair here, but he could have a set, medium pocket pair, 5x, 6x, gutshot, overcards.... I'm not sure how often he will bet a worse hand/bluff/draw if I check to him, or how often he will come over the top with a worse hand, he's pretty aggro.

All comments appriciated.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: 3/6 JJ+rags - maximinize winlosses

if you're afraid of betting the turn since he may come over the top of you and inflate the pot with a 5 or 6 and fold overpairs that lose to JJ too high a percentage of the time to make it profitable/comfortable, you can try check/calling the turn and bet/folding a non 7 or 2 river.

check/folding a 7 or 2 river seems reasonable enough.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:53 AM

Default Re: 3/6 JJ+rags - maximinize winlosses

[ QUOTE ]
if you're afraid of betting the turn since he may come over the top of you and inflate the pot with a 5 or 6 and fold overpairs that lose to JJ too high

[/ QUOTE ]

yaeh I dunno, maybe this isn't the most interesting hand, but the pot is fairly large and I wouldn't mind takeing it down, but still i feel like i should be able to get a bit more value from him,

I'd hate it if:
* I bet and he folds when he would have bluffed off chips to me
* I check and he checks behind w/ 5x Q3 etc and gets there on the river and I pay off a big bet on the end
* I bet and he raises all-in.. i probably have to call but i'd be pretty sick about it

maybe c/r ai is good here, but he probably won't call the ai with a hand i beat.. but i guess after he bets (if he bets) the pot will definitly be big enough to just take down..