Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 01:37 AM

Default My call from Party VIP

I e-mailed Party about six days ago, and to my surprise I got a call from Party VIP earlier this evening. The gentleman that I spoke with had a British accent, and he seemed to be very well educated and well spoken. This guy had an in-depth understanding of high volume play, multitabling and MGR.

I talked to him at length about my play at other sites, and told him that I was averaging about a 28% rebate on my MGR. I told him that I didn’t think they could come close to that, but I would certainly give Party a consideration if the offer was reasonable. He also knew that I opened up a new Party account a few days ago, and he seemed to be OK with that. We had no discussion on the current situation with affiliates and rakeback. He also had my history from my old account, so his offer was based on my play from almost two years ago. I was primarily multitabling 3/6 at that time. He offered me $800 for 20K raked hands in November. For comparative purposes, this would translate to about 17% RB at the 3/6 level. I told him that I didn’t have access to a calculator (I was on my cell phone), but that offer wasn’t even close to what I was getting on the other sites. He understood exactly what I was talking about, and he told me to keep in mind that he was not offering rakeback. I found that very interesting. He also said that the player rewards offer would be adjusted to conform to my future play.

Anyhow, I’m going to stick to UB, Absolute and the former skins through the end of October, and then I’ll re-evaluate Party after getting an update from my new affiliate.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:00 AM

Default Re: My call from Party VIP

Well...it's TECHINCALLY not rake-back...since they are counting every raked-hand the same.

but their insistence that 'this is SO different from rake-back' is really amusing.
Beause we all know that it's pretty much the same thing.

Why they are so stuck on making sure that you know that it's DEFINITELY NOT rake-back is beyond me.
Just call it whatever...and give me a decent rate while you're at it.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:03 AM

If I use the rakeback calculator at rakerebatereview and input 3/6 limit, 667 hands per day (20K/30days)and 26% that gives $806.40 rakeback. Looks like your offer is quite good if you continue to play 3/6.

Just one question about the RB calculators, is the hands per day total or raked hands? It doesn't say.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but their insistence that 'this is SO different from rake-back' is really amusing.
Beause we all know that it's pretty much the same thing.

Why they are so stuck on making sure that you know that it's DEFINITELY NOT rake-back is beyond me.
Just call it whatever...and give me a decent rate while you're at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without going into too much detail, this thing may eventually evolve into getting something directly from Party, and something from "someone else", if you know what I mean. Especially if individual tracking is left in place. I suspect that the total % would be somewhere around what most of us have been accustomed to.

It's only speculation, but the next couple of months should answer a lot of questions. I would think that the next critical date would be the first few days of November, when the affiliate payments are made.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I use the rakeback calculator at rakerebatereview and input 3/6 limit, 667 hands per day (20K/30days)and 26% that gives $806.40 rakeback. Looks like your offer is quite good if you continue to play 3/6.

Just one question about the RB calculators, is the hands per day total or raked hands? It doesn't say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am quite sure it is hands per day and not RAKE HANDS.
So it is not a good deal at all.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The offer was for raked hands, not for total hands. I made it a point to get clarification on that.

Also, the 3/6 full multitabling was from my old account, and I won't be playing that limit again unless I experience a 2000BB downswing. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He also knew that I opened up a new Party account a few days ago, and he seemed to be OK with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

How were you able to do this? Is there rakeback on the new account?

Interesting that he was OK with it. Looks like they will go to greater length to please high volume players than they have in the past.

Did you tell him you received rake back at the skins prior to the break up (if you indeed did)?
Old 10-26-2005, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He also knew that I opened up a new Party account a few days ago, and he seemed to be OK with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

How were you able to do this? Is there rakeback on the new account?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I did not get into that, and I'm pretty sure that none of us will know until early November.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you tell him you received rake back at the skins prior to the break up (if you indeed did)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I explicitly told him that I was averaging about a 28% MGR rebate on UB, Absolute and the former skins. This guy was sharp, and he understood exactly what I was talking about.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:39 AM

Default One more thing....

I just noticed that the area code from the incoming call was from Area Code 206, which is the Seattle area. This seems kind of odd to me, as I know that Party is based out of India and Gibraltar. I know that the call was authentic, because the gentlemen knew everything about my previous play. I just don't understand how it originated from a 206 area code.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Re: One more thing....

[ QUOTE ]
I just noticed that the area code from the incoming call was from Area Code 206, which is the Seattle area. This seems kind of odd to me, as I know that Party is based out of India and Gibraltar. I know that the call was authentic, because the gentlemen knew everything about my previous play. I just don't understand how it originated from a 206 area code.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily could have been routed through a Seattle-area telecom center.