Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 05:47 AM

Default I am screwed up in the head (no content)

Ya know, I am thrilled to be dealt a hand like QTs or KJs (or even A5s in the right situation), but it seems like I always find myself shuddering when I pick up a hand like QQ or JJ (omg, I just got dealt QQ as I was typing this) (damnit, they all folded) (well, I guess I don't hate it THAT much).

I know why. It's because I know how to play the suited connectors, and enjoy doing it. But I struggle so much with QQ and JJ, even KK sometimes (especially if/when that certain dreaded card falls). Yes, I still raise and reraise preflop, but after that I sometimes feel kinda lost.

I am a donk. K, that's all.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:14 AM

Default Re: I am screwed up in the head (no content)

I'm finding it really hard not to make a moot point joke in one of these posts. Ah...that feels better now to get that off my chest.

Anyways, don't be afraid of the hands that will make you the most money for your lifetime.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:27 PM

I feel pretty much like that with JJ/TT. But numbers don't lie - if you look through pt you see how much they make over time (I think QQ is #2 for me after AA). So I try to keep in mind that they'll definitely lose, and that they can be awkward to play at times, but the bottom line is still that QQ/JJ are big money winners in the long run. The stats say so...

Mike
Old 05-21-2005, 02:36 PM

I felt the same way about AK last night. Got AKo and AKs 9 times, won with it twice.

I hate it ... but long run I'm 68.75% W$SD w/AKs and 48.65% W$SD with AKo. Just had a bad night. Heh, bad month really AKo is 25% W$SD over the month.

KO