Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re:Stealing

[ QUOTE ]
is everyone here up on their high horse? When did you guys become the moral authority? I'm not fuucking justifying my actions. I am questioning you guys for questioning me. If you guys download music, movies, etc., why the hell are you guys getting in my grill. And also:
1) I don't think it's the actual print edition...it's the draft so get out of my assshole
2) Get off your high horse..every two plus two f*ck needs to step down a couple of notches. If you guys are all goddamn saints, then stop playing poker and go be a priest you self-righteous f*cks.
3) If you guys already are priests, then stop molesting school boys and sucking King yao's diick.

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I felt your original post was, if anything, just a bit misguided. I didn't read it as you had specifically tried to acquire copyrighted material illegally, but someone had forwarded you some excerpts of the material.

And this is coming from someone who feels fairly passionately about intellectual property. No, I do not download music I haven't purchased, illegally share software, download movies, etc. However, I was extending to you the benefit of the doubt.

However, the tone of this post, and the fact that you did not have the simple courtesy to respond to King Yao (who contributed to this thread) have changed my mind. If you really thought there was nothing wrong with what you were doing, you would be able to face the author of the work in question with a clear conscience. Or at least say to him "I have Holdem Brain...is that supposed to be freely available"?

Your cowardice betrays you. You lack the basic integrity to address the person whose work you have stolen. And, as others have pointed out, you talked about this on a website paid for by a publishinghouse. You used their bandwidth to defend actions threatening their livelihood. You should be banned.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:24 PM

i never download anything that i should have paid for, no, movies, no books, no music, etc., -- no stealing. i am far from a saint, but not a thief.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You used their bandwidth to defend actions threatening their livelihood. You should be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they should do a backcheck of everyone that advocated a non 2+2 book or 2+2 book idea and hinted at piracy and BAN THEM ALL TOO. They obviously contribute nothing to discussion.

Let's kick the sinners out of church too.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You lack the basic integrity to address the person whose work you have stolen.

[/ QUOTE ]

What work has he "stolen"? The file he has was FREELY distributed by the author. You're an idiot and it's obvious you haven't even really read through this thread. Read his original post again and tell me where he advocated downloading illegal material? He just assumed that "Holdem Brain" and "Weighing the Odds in Holdem Poker" were one and the same. Get off your high horse and buy yourself a clue.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: King yao\'s book online

Every time 'Nuts' has opened his mouth, he has shown himself for what he is: a foul mouthed kid who turned his initial 'iffy' post into one where he would justify intellectual property theft and liken people to child molestors, etc. Sadly, the internet is too full of such people. Nuff said.

---Leavenfish
Old 09-11-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: King yao\'s book online

[ QUOTE ]
Every time 'Nuts' has opened his mouth, he has shown himself for what he is: a foul mouthed kid who turned his initial 'iffy' post into one where he would justify intellectual property theft and liken people to child molestors, etc. Sadly, the internet is too full of such people. Nuff said.

---Leavenfish

[/ QUOTE ]

Well all right everything on the side I have the Hold 'Em brain version which was the draft of King Yao's real book. If I saw the real book online, I would download it.
What are you going to do now? You going to subpoena you f*ck.

I won't be foul, but for some reason you moral authorities have to get into my grill. So why don't you take my arm and ram it up your [censored] and enjoy it.
Thank you.

Old 09-11-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Inability to critically discuss an issue

As an aside, buying used books rather than new books also hurts the bottom line for authors and publishers. My neuroanatomy instructor (a renaissance man) said that because of used classical CD sales that it was almost the case that they might not be able to profitably make more classical CDs!
Old 09-11-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As an aside, buying used books rather than new books also hurts the bottom line for authors and publishers. My neuroanatomy instructor (a renaissance man) said that because of used classical CD sales that it was almost the case that they might not be able to profitably make more classical CDs!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a red herring argument. Used books and CDs don't violate the one copy/one owner principle the way digital copies do.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:11 PM

I'm really coming around to this idea. I wish I could preview the insides ok books online. Then I would never have to browse through a book at the book store again. Of course if I liked the book, I would buy it. Unlike some people I'm not going to print a book out. I can't really read a book unless it's in book form. Too bad most people don't see it this way.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:27 PM

It would have been a red herring if I had presented it as an argument in favor of piracy, which I did not, hence my description of it as an aside.

I was just trying to make the point that if you really care about the well being of authors, you shouldn't buy their books used. It seemed a thought worth sharing just in case some people gave a damn about authors.
Closed Thread