Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: What do the young ones do with their money?

Well i am a 28 year old thats been travelling the world for 7 years. Found this site 6 months or so ago. Since then i 4 table the 10īs and live on the beach in the south of Spain(Cadiz)(thank you 2+2īs). Like fattony21 play and travel. Only play 3 hours a day on average, but this pays for everything plus travel. Heading to morroco tomorrow for 2 weeks then off to the the island of fuertaventura in the canary islands for a week.Funny story my "bootyfest" chica just left yesterday for home, no doubting your assesment on that fact fattony. Cars are over rated, topless euros outside your doorstep anyday. ciao
Old 08-01-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tuck away $2k a month into savings, put $1k a month into spending money, and the remainder gets reinvested into my bankroll. the savings cash will be invested next year as my investment-genius-mother gives me the crash course. she teaches seminars on some rather complicated stuff and makes 20-40%/yr, even on the bad years. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

oh, i also occasionally devote a month as a fundraiser. for example, i want to get a 60" sony hdtv before the xbox360 comes out, so september i will devote all winnings to the TV fund. i have mental issues with spending money from my br or from savings that i didn't earn with the express purpose of spending it on that... so this helps. and it gives me more motivation.

[/ QUOTE ]

If she is making 20-40% a year, she is running real good [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. She should stop the seminars, and start a hedge fund or mutual fund and start raking in the 8 figure paychecks.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:27 AM

I donate it all to charity.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:38 AM

really? If so you should definitly elaborate.

I've been toying with the idea of playing for a charity and work something where like every monday or every monday/tuesday i'm playing for the charity and donate all winnings. It would be fun and I could publicize it a little with a blog with updates. It might also possibly help establish professional poker as at least somewhat respectable.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:41 AM

Based on his username I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess he is kidding.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:43 AM

what ever happend to this?
Old 08-04-2005, 06:01 AM

it was never really anything to begin with. I had just been toying with the idea recently and thought it would be really cool to do something like that. Maybe I shouldn't mention these things without actually doing them though, talking about doing something cool like this is a lot easier then actually being selfless and motivated enough to implement it.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:23 AM

I am 19 and I invest 95% of my poker money in various things such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, IRAs. My plan is too let the money mature and retire 5-10 years early.