Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Steamboatin or other Caesars ,IN regulars

hello,

I was wondering what the blind structure and the max buy-in was for the big PL Omaha Hi game at Caesars Indiana. I've read some of Steam's post saying it was prolly the biggest game there, but I can't seem to find any posts on the details of the game. Thanks.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Steamboatin or other Caesars ,IN regulars

I never play it so take this reply with a grain of salt.

I think it has three blinds something like 10-10-20 and most days you can count on a $40 live straddle. The minimum buyin is $500. I am pretty sure about that one because I asked. The thing about asking a question at Caesar's IN is you can never really be sure that you got the right answer.

If you sit with $500 it is very likely that you will be all in the first hand that you play.

It goes every Wednesday around 11 AM and often plays all night. It goes on Fridays on a pretty regular basis but not always.

I am usually there Tuesday and Fridays sometimes by 12 noon but usually late afternoon just depends upon my work load. I never play higher than 10-20.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:14 PM

sorry, misread your post, there is no max buyin.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:06 AM

Hey thanks for the info Steamboatin. My lord that game must play gigantic. I was hoping it would be a 5-10 or a 5-5-10 game. No way my roll can withstand the swings this game will bring at the moment. Hopefully in another couple of months I can make the journey down there and check it out. I would imagine that the game is very juicy. Thanks again.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:12 AM

Sometimes they spread a 3-6 Omaha Hi/Low that is a good game and the $10-20 Omaha Hi/Low is starting to go on a much regular basis.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:26 AM

I usually play exclusively PL Omaha H/L and PL Omaha online, but I'm sure I can adjust to play in a juicy limit h/l game. I may be heading down there sometime in the next month or 2 for several days. If I see you I will say hello. Thats you in your avatar right? Thanks again for all the help.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:23 PM

I have not played that game but I see the same players all the time in that game. 3 or 4 are tough players. I have seen a few pots in the $15k range.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:38 PM

I was there one night and this guy lost 14 grand in 3 hands playing PL omaha H/L. He got pissed off and punched the dealer, and they kicked him out. Sounds like the games get wild.