Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: TUAN LE

[ QUOTE ]
I placed 7th out of 250 players back in 2003 at Foxwoods Tuesday night rebuy tourney, and I had never read a poker book at that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, but don't you have an overactive luckbox...? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 01:42 PM

Not sure when that article was written, but I am pretty sure I saw somewhere that Greenstien said Tuan read his book.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: retard strength

Honestly knowing pot odds, and all that, it's pretty obviousto the human eye. It's not hard to just say to yourself that you need X amount of cards to make your hand and there's x amount in pot. Work from there. I think most people who haven't read just have figured out their own way of calculating based on the situation and factor in levels of risk by skills. Why do you think the best player write the best books? They develop their own style and get successful in shutting down cookie cutter styles of other people. I watched Tuan Lee the other day and I was real impressed with his style, but level of ...whats the word... balls?
Old 07-28-2005, 03:03 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I placed 7th out of 250 players back in 2003 at Foxwoods Tuesday night rebuy tourney, and I had never read a poker book at that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, but don't you have an overactive luckbox...? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was riDONKulously lucky, but I wasn't a terrible player back then. I just didn't know then what I know now.

Also, for those putting a lot of faith into the math of the game. I have to say that Caro's book of Poker Tells took my game to the next level. It allowed me to see things I hadn't before, or at least to understand things I had seen before. It allows you to make moves against your opponents with no hand, no draw, etc., because you know that they don't have a strong enough hand to stay with you.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:03 PM

vietnamese dont need to read poker books. they are natural born gamblers. they are taught all the tricks in the womb.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vietnamese dont need to read poker books. they are natural born gamblers. they are taught all the tricks in the womb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure why there are so many racist comments springing up in this forum.

But, I sure am getting good practice at suspending posters.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:08 PM

BOOKS ARE COOL I LIKE BOOKS THEY MAKE YOU BETTER AND THEY ARE COOL CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND ME SOME BOOKS. K THANKS BYE
Old 07-28-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see you saw The Deer Hunter. Now, please practice some RR on your own.

~D
Old 07-29-2005, 03:19 AM

I haven't won any WPT or WSOP events, but I have won tournies at the Legends of Poker, Commerce, Hustler, etc, and I've never read a book. Um, poker book, I mean.

I'm obviously not Tuan, but I've had good success without reading any poker books. It can be done.

Josh
Old 07-29-2005, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure when that article was written, but I am pretty sure I saw somewhere that Greenstien said Tuan read his book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Realize though that Tuan won those tournaments months ago and Barry's book is new.

I checked and Tuan didn't cash in ANY WSOP 2005 events, but Nam made 2 cashes.

I tried the wreckless style once in an online tournament, I made the final table!

I added a dose of gamb00l to my game and it has helped some, so I did get something out of it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

>TW<