Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 08:35 AM

Default Europe Poker TV channel

Anyone get the new European poker channel? Is it any good? Any chance a poker channel gets on US satellite TV?
Old 11-27-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Europe Poker TV channel

Is it just like 24 hour poker? like the golf channel?

blake
Old 11-27-2005, 06:39 PM

That's what I heard. It was supposed to launch in the summer I thought. Haven't heard anything about it in a while.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:04 PM

I guess its the UK one, to be honest on the main it sucks they have had a couple of tournaments which were decent, and also have live at the bike. The the rest is repeats of said tournaments and there is very little new progamming on there.

They are now showing the World series of Blackjack which maybe says more than any review.

During the day it is a advert channel eg define your abs etc it isnt 24hr poker.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:02 PM

Just curious, how good/bad is "LA Poker Scene" aka Live at the Bike?
Old 11-28-2005, 07:13 AM

You'd think they could find a way to do a lot more with a poker channel than that. Like have every table w/ hole card cams and show interesting hands from any table. Or at least show an entire final table or final two tables. But maybe that would only satisfy poker junkies like us. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just curious, how good/bad is "LA Poker Scene" aka Live at the Bike?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its ok, its low budget and the commentators dont always know whats going on but for what it is its decent. If its on when I am in I will watch it but I dont sky+ it especially so it isnt much watch.

They have shown some final tables but the trouble is they can only show what they have, there have been many UK based shows recently but most have been on elsewhere so they dont have the rights for them. There is another channel called pokerzone that seems to have a bit more new programming and POker Night live every night which has commentators on tables and sng's on Stan James (a Prima skin) I think they are planning on having some live in studio stuff on this as well.

Another channel has the rights to the WSOP and WPT so is probably still the better channel for tv poker.