Default NBA plays 3/31

YTD 2-1-1

Pacers (+5.5) over Miami
Bulls (-2.5) over Cavs
Timberwolves (-3) over Lakers

Good Luck everyone!
Old 03-31-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: NBA plays 3/31

Will post my play here instead of starting a new thread.

Chicago (-140) ML over Cleveland -- 3 Unit bet

Every bet I have listed on this site this year has been a 1 unit play. This is the first time I've posted a play that has been more than 1 unit (not the first time, of course, that I've made a play for more than a unit this season).

I absolutely love, love, love this pick. I cannot believe that I can lay 140 on the Bulls at home against Cleveland, even without Curry. Hinrich swears he will play tonight. Hinrich says he'll play Cleveland is a terrible road team. Bulls have won 7 in a row without Curry, including at Boston and home against Indiana and Memphis. Antonio Davis has stepped in nicely in the middle for the Bulls, as has Tyson Chandler, so I'm not too worried about Ilgauskus in Curry's absence. The Cavs' backcourt of Newble and Snow does not scare me when I've got Hinrich, Gordon, and Duhon on my side.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:52 PM

Did you see Chi @ Char. yesterday, Bulls fought hard and pulled out a W at the end. I would be very surprised if the Bulls come out with a great performance. Yesterdays game was the type that should physically drain a team.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you see Chi @ Char. yesterday, Bulls fought hard and pulled out a W at the end. I would be very surprised if the Bulls come out with a great performance. Yesterdays game was the type that should physically drain a team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not concerned. Chicago is 9-8 on 2nd of back-to-backs. Cleveland is 18-18 on a day's rest. Off a tough loss at home against Boston 2 weeks ago, Chi went into Philly and won the next night. After a similar win in Boston the next week (28-14 Q4), they came home and beat Indiana.

So what does last night's game tell you? Very little, I think. All of the other factors lean heavily in Chicago's favor, in my opinion.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:45 PM

My point was that yesterdays game was not the normal front-end of a back to back game. Chi was tied at half, down 7 in 3rd, and down 5 with 5min left and came back. They have been thinned by injuries, and this could effect them tonight. I bet on under 47 1st Q(CCX pick), under 94 1st half.