Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Help me out: Black AA face up?

if you're getting it all in. I'll take it vs whoever the hell wants to come along.

if theres going to be expensive decisions post flop, then obviously i'd like it to be vs 1 or 2 people.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:42 AM

yes, against 5 random hands AA is less than 50% to win. (see CSC's post where AA vs 4 random hands is 52%). but when you win, you win a lot more, and without doing the math because CSC already did it, it's worth it.

suppose you could play a lottery with an 80% chance of winning for $5 or a 40% chance of winning for $5,000. take your gamble and hope for the best.

as a seperate issue that i can't believe no one else has brought up, flipping your cards up with players left to act is illegal. your hand will be ruled dead (folded) by any competent dealer in a serious game, although i don't know how your bar would deal with it.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you could see your opponents cards and would play the hand the same way, you benifit. If you would have played it differently had you seen his cards, your opponent benefits. and on the other side, if your opponent can see your cards and would have played HIS hand the same, he benifits, if he would have played it differnetly you benefit.

I dunno if i explained it good, but by showing your hand you let your opponent it play it perfectly. (folding) therefor, they benifit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Careful applying FTOP in tournament situations. There are certain tournament situations, even heads-up, where it would be to your advantage to show your cards before your opponents act (though this isn't one of them).

[/ QUOTE ]

heads up in a hand or heads up in the tournament? if you mean the latter, i disagree.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:45 AM

glad to see you're posting in mtt again.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:48 PM

Part of my hesitation in getting more than one caller was that I feel very confident at this final table, and was weighing long term EV with winning that tournament that night (i.e Happy doubling up versus quadrupling up but losing 30-50% of the time, etc). In any case I'm going back tomorrow to try again with these thoughts in the back of my mind, discussion has been helpful... I feel it would have been an even more interesting question had I t6000+ not t4200.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Part of my hesitation in getting more than one caller was that I feel very confident at this final table, and was weighing long term EV with winning that tournament that night (i.e Happy doubling up versus quadrupling up but losing 30-50% of the time, etc). In any case I'm going back tomorrow to try again with these thoughts in the back of my mind, discussion has been helpful... I feel it would have been an even more interesting question had I t6000+ not t4200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is good enough to want to lose customers preflop when they have AA, and anybody who thinks that they can afford to lose customers in order to ensure survival and more +EV situations in the future definately isnt good enough to pass it up. You're overestimating your edge on the field when you have 5 BBs, and underestimating the huge benefit of getting AA allin multiway.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WHEN YOU HAVE AA YOU WANT AS MUCH ACTION AS POSSIBLE. IF EVERYONE AT THE TABLE CALLED, YOU WOULD BE IN HOG HEAVEN. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T FLIP YOUR HAND UP.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the dumbest thing I have heard in a while. Do me a favor. Go run a simulation with AA against one random hand and then go do a simulation with AA against 5 random hands. Then come back and tell me if you still feel this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to talk trash as a n00b to one of the most respected ppsters on this forum. Not to mention that he's right and you're not. Not to mention that he's probably won more money this year than you ever will.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are certain tournament situations, even heads-up, where it would be to your advantage to show your cards before your opponents act (though this isn't one of them).

[/ QUOTE ]
heads up in a hand or heads up in the tournament? if you mean the latter, i disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heads up in a hand.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:05 PM

Fair enough, I agree with your post.

As for the other post about flipping the cards up, it would have passed in the sense that my hand would still play (dealer button moves around, players deal, ppl aren't anal) but this would have shut out callers, and I would like a caller or two. I mean, the players are very very bad there in general, but chances of getting more than 2 callers after my all in wouldn't be more than 20%.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:17 PM

Payouts are generally along the lines of:

1-1k
2-700
3-450
4-250
5-100
6-40
789-20

For a $20 buyin 48 ppl unlim rebuy this isn't bad at all considering the quality of play. As far as stacks, mine was maybe 3rd or 4th, with I think 2 ppl left who covered me. At most CL had ~t11k.

PS yes, people rebuy early and often