Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which accent?
Locust Valley Lockjaw (Thurston Howell of Gilligan's Island) 2 1.34%
Asian 0 0%
Latino 8 5.37%
German 4 2.68%
French 15 10.07%
Russian 16 10.74%
English 55 36.91%
Middle Eastern 1 0.67%
Italian 20 13.42%
Southern (U.S.) 18 12.08%
Canadian 10 6.71%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Re: (109) Bubble Fun with Raptor

[ QUOTE ]
icm clearly states that its -ev to call here

[/ QUOTE ]

Further validation for my ongoing decision not to incorporate ICM or SNGPT into my game in a big way.

I'd be interested to see some before and after ROI numbers for people who have drastically changed their methods with these 'tools'

This is one of the easiest calls I've ever seen. No way in hell that short stack is going to call with a freeroll to get into the money...i put shorties calling range here at the top ten hands, at the widest.

However if the pusher has any clue at all, he's pushing AT LEAST the top 40-60%...how you do not equate that situation to a super insta call is beyond me.

CALL CALL CALL CALL insta CALL
Old 11-14-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Further validation for my ongoing decision not to incorporate ICM or SNGPT into my game in a big way.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be one of the more foolish comments I've seen you make. I don't know where ICM couldn't be more accurate than in places like this. Essentially folding here gives you an expected value of about $10-33 every time. But if villain is really a maniac, then you're only gaining only $1.75.

I thought good poker players looked for ways to maximize their edges?
Old 11-15-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Essentially folding here gives you an expected value of about $10-33 every time

[/ QUOTE ]

...according to ICM. Blind faith in what it tells you is an error IMHO. I don't have the sceitific evidence to prove that it does not work, but my intuition (from situations such as the OP) tells me that it has a solid chance of being wrong in places. I'm not saying its useless, just as prophecy is not useless...I just think it may not be the crystal ball that many people make it out to be.

I've been told things like this more times than I can count on this board, by 'respected' posters the majority of the time...and long term results have yet to prove me wrong in many an instance...such as this.

While others go bust and broke and complain of 'running cool' for long stretches and whine about bad beats (all while pledging allegiance to ICM and SNGPT and all things deemed SNG holy)...I continue to make a living.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i folded because i felt that big blind was going to call with any 2, and im willing to let him do that then start shovebotting to get back into the game if needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

My play here varies from STT to STT, but I imagine I call most of the time. These days (in the $55s), I feel my opponents have opened up their calling standards enough that I'm not as confident about shovebotting myself back into the game if the BB doubles up.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:38 AM

Geez... I fold here without a whole lot of thought.

Funny that my answers for both AQ hands are the opposite of the prevailing opinion.

Perhaps it's time for me to consider that instead of being a really good player running a bit cool... I'm actually a crap player on a sick 5-year heater.

Irieguy
Old 11-14-2005, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny that my answers for both AQ hands are the opposite of the prevailing opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you are wrong. You may have need to improve your game. Welcome to PM me with hand history and I will help you.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Perhaps it's time for me to consider that instead of being a really good player running a bit cool... I'm actually a crap player on a sick 5-year heater.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

funny how both of my answers were opposing the norm as well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] must mean we suck. holla
Old 11-14-2005, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

funny how both of my answers were opposing the norm as well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] must mean we suck. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

what a buncha smug little biatches [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't being smug, I was being serious.

I just busted out of the WSOP Circuit tourney at Bally's nearing the money and this was my version of self abuse.

Ironic that it comes off as me being an smug, arrogant, prick... thereby making my attempt to publicly punnish myself far more effective than I ever intended.

Irieguy
Old 11-14-2005, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't being smug, I was being serious.

I just busted out of the WSOP Circuit tourney at Bally's nearing the money and this was my version of self abuse.

Ironic that it comes off as me being an smug, arrogant, prick... thereby making my attempt to publicly punnish myself far more effective than I ever intended.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just messing about, you come off as the humblest of men...what you SHOULd worry about though is that I also agree with you about these two hands. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

P.S. Sorry to hear about your bubbling.