Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-16-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: AKo vs. a limper-reraiser

[ QUOTE ]
I cap the turn, but I call one on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really thought it was near impossible he had a flush here, unless I'm against a total complete idiot that likes to cap PF just to make a big fun pot. Which evidently I was.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I cap the turn, but I call one on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really thought it was near impossible he had a flush here, unless I'm against a total complete idiot that likes to cap PF just to make a big fun pot. Which evidently I was.

[/ QUOTE ]

LRR has to have AA or maybe QQ or mayyyyybe AQ to make it correct to raise the river. How many ways for her to have these hands as opposed to any K and any flush?
Old 12-16-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lost to K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
pwn pwn pwn pwn pwn pwn pwn pwn

gotta admit that's great

you badly overplayed the river. when the best you can hope for is a split pot, you should stop raising.

you should also consider emotions - you had probably isolated this player a fair bit. now he's pissed and is reraising you and donkapunishing you. the donkapunish factor is huge.

donkdonkdonkdonkdonkapunch!
Old 12-16-2005, 07:19 PM

like the flop
love the turn
on the river I'm either calling the first bet or the 3-bet (I lean twords raising and calling the 3-bet), but I'm not capping, even though this looks like the clown who limps with AA.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hate you sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 08:46 PM

I realize a limp reraise at these levels will usually mean AA, but I have seen these donks LRR with all sorts of crap when its 2 more back to them just becuase they like playing in big pots.

With that in mind I dont see why you went so crazy on the river. You have to consider at some point he has a flush.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hate you sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
rofl
Old 12-16-2005, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With that in mind I dont see why you went so crazy on the river. You have to consider at some point he has a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villians play from the git go was very strong, I honestly thought I'd probably be chopping at the river but the chance I had the best hand was worth it. Most of the time when these morons play like this I will win here and every last bet that goes in the pot is to my benefit.

I really wish that last card had been a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] so I could send him on his way with his tail between his legs.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:33 AM

Grunch.

I like it.

I don't really know what you could be behind here. What would he limp-cap? AA, KK, QQ, AK? The worst you do is split with any of those hands. And he'd play AA EXACTLY like this on that flop. Wouldn't you?

I think I only call the river 3-bet, because I would just end up scared of the flush and most likely leave a bet out there. I just don't know what he could have limped-capped that would be a flush. K9s for the straight-flush? Unlikely.

But, then again, he is a 52/3 donk, and as long as it was 2 back to him on preflop, and a 52 would NEVER fold with some money in there, he may have just thrown the extra bet in to speed up play, and knowing he'd get two callers.

That opens up his range quite a bit.

nh.

EDIT after reading: I am the man. Oh yeah, buddy list.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villians play from the git go was very strong, I honestly thought I'd probably be chopping at the river but the chance I had the best hand was worth it. Most of the time when these morons play like this I will win here and every last bet that goes in the pot is to my benefit.

I really wish that last card had been a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] so I could send him on his way with his tail between his legs.

[/ QUOTE ]
it would have been really great if it was the 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the river betting was uncapped.

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha