Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 06-14-2004, 09:16 PM

Default Official 2+2 Atlantic City Trip Report Thread

Since either no one wants to start this, or CrackerZack and Scrub are still playing No-Limit, I'll be the first to share my thoughts on this groundbreaking gathering (now it sounds important).

I won't bore everyone with all the highlights, I'd like all the participants to add their 2 cents to the thread. JTG will not be available for comment until next week, since he is moving to Barstow as we speak.

Joe Tall, JTG51 and myself left CT around 1:00 and get into AC around 6:00. It was basically a poker marathon from there. In the last 2 days, I met the following people (if I forget some names, I apologize, there were ALOT of people): Scrub, Luke, Brian 09...(sorry I forgot all the numbers and am too lazy to look), Homer, Dr Savage, AngelFish, AngelGuppy, Barry (you know you are 3rd on that list!), Bunky05...(see Brian), Mikey, Mike Gallo (good luck with the wedding, I tried to warn you!), Morgant, and Tyler Durden. Like I said, I'm sure I'm missing someone, and I apologize for doing that. Feel free to flame me for it. This is in addition to the people I have already met: MaxPower, CrackerZack, Mosch, Bottles, Jeffage, and of course JTG51 and Joe Tall. I probably missed some in this list too, but like I said, there were ALOT of people.

We were all able to enjoy dinner together Saturday night, and then a great home game in our room involving hold'em, omaha 8 or better, and crazy fox. The HOC game was pretty crazy. I got to straddle for the first time in my life, and played the hand blind to the river, calling a bet in the river. How dare Bottles call my preflop blind cap! I was obviously soon broke and on the rail. The line up for this game included JTG51, AngelFish, Morgant, Scrub, me, Homer, Dr Savage, Joe Tall, and Bottles. I think I can re-write the chapter on game selection now. I will let Homer tell his story about flopping the nuts in Omaha and what happened after.

Hopefully, Barry will post the pictures from dinner where we all can see them. Next time you fly and want to offer someone a ride, don't call Joe Tall, call me! We appreciated the phone call when you got home....2 hours before us!

It was nice to place so many names with so many faces. Hopefully we can all make the trek back to AC very soon.

Joe
Old 06-14-2004, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Official 2+2 Atlantic City Trip Report Thread

AF, AG and I also had a great time meeting new friends and getting to see many old ones again too.

Once I find all the accesories to AF's new camera, I'll upload the pics to my PC. If anyone knows how to post them here either let me know or PM me their e-mail so I can send them to you.

My only regret of the weekend is having a card dead session after dinner Saturday and losing my "chip lead" to Zack who played while drinking white russians in the AM and black russians after noon.

I love the games at the Borg' and it won't take much to get me to head back down there again and I'll be glad to fly anyone from the Boston area down there.

Best of luck to JTG as he begins the new chapter of his life in Barstow.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:50 PM

I was totally card dead all weekend. And it may be the only time on earth that Barry and I were running bad at the same time.

I was down 40BBs in the 20 game late Saturday night, which poster Morgant witnessed first hand, then, after I the shorthanded game broke (Morg and I played 6 handed for 2+Hrs), I made a comback in a full game. Much help was in part of a couple of maniacs in the full-late-night game.

Hand#1
Decent player open raises in EP, Manaic cold-calls (odd for him), I 3-bet out of the SB w/A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Decen player calls, Maniac now caps, we both call.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, Decent player checks, Maniac bets, I check-raise, they both fold. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hand#2
Everyone folds to the Maniac who raises, all fold to me in the BB w/7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I 3-bet, Maniac caps, I call.

Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, maniac bets, I check-raise, maniac 3-bets, I call.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, Maniac bets, I check-raise, Maniac calls.

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, maniac calls and Mucks [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

The room was dirt cheap after all the player points were added. In one weekend I built up $46 bucks in points, not too shabby as the Borgata treats it's players well.

Great meeting all the ones I have not met such as Mikey, Luke, Dr. Savage and especially Morgant who I had the pleasure to play in the same game with for 8 hours or so.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 06-14-2004, 11:05 PM

Default Thanks for a great bachelor/retirement party

"Hey Mike. Dont sit in the $10 game today, the games are tougher today then normal"... a local says to me after I see him in the room. Having +20 members of an elite secret poker society will do that. Bush and other Yale graudates has Skull and Bones, we have Poobahs and Carpal Tunnels.

I do not have much to post about as far as poker goes. I played for 2 hours Saturday and the deck hit me in the face. I quit playing after I went up 40 big bets.

I enjoyed meeting everyone at dinner. I enjoyed talking to everyone and getting to know more about everyone. I can only learn so much about someone over an internet board.

One tidbit of information. JTG and I were the only left handed people there out of about 15. Strange how neither one of us consider ourselves "creative" players.

Oh, by the way,to the younguns I wasnt the second oldest poster there. Thanks for the compliment anyway.

I was the drunkest, although Zack came close [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]. He started to sober up, just as I hit my drinking stride.

Again thanks to everyone for a great time. Joe U, did you ever get a cigar? I think at the next gathering someone should volunteer to have a box made up.

My personal top 5 moments about the trip

5) 20 of us in Joe's (Joe Tall) room and Joe (Joe U) calling the poker room to get everyone on a list. In the background a listener could hear the splattering of chips and a poker game in the background.

4) My friend John telling me to stay away from the $10 games.

3) Chris (Bottlesof) asking me if I really retired from playing poker.

2) Jeff (JTG51) Joe (JoeTall) and Kevin (Mosch) discussing a hand in which Jeff hit his straight against Kevins flopped set. Jeffs comment on why he didnt go to war on the flop," I knew I would hit it on the turn and I could check raise".

1)Getting drunk at dinner
Old 06-14-2004, 11:15 PM

Mike Gallo (good luck with the wedding, I tried to warn you!),

Its all good. Thanks for diagnosing my elbow. Did you ever get a cigar? Next time we meet I will bring you a Cohiba .
Old 06-14-2004, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Thanks for a great bachelor/retirement party

discussing a hand in which Jeff hit his straight against Kevins flopped set. Jeffs comment on why he didnt go to war on the flop," I knew I would hit it on the turn and I could check raise".

I'm amazed on how good JTG is, truely amazed.

Great seeing you again, Mike! Have fun in Mexico!

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 06-14-2004, 11:29 PM

Great seeing you again, Mike! Have fun in Mexico!

Thanks. I know how painful it must have felt sitting in that juicy 20 game and getting card stuck.

I told you Fred G wouldnt make it. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2004, 12:06 AM

I only had that 1 bad night dropping 20 BB; I was up 43 BB for the weekend as a whole. I wasn't complaining...

As I told you the Borg' has the softest 20/40 game that I have played in. Cripes Zack killed it drunk.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:08 AM

Hey, I'm a lefty too!
Old 06-15-2004, 12:15 AM

Hey, I'm a lefty too!

Nice, your the oldest and a lefty. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]