Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 02-10-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Canterbury Park 6-12 still the best

I get a much needed free wed off so I head to Canterbury to play a little 6-12. I arrive at ten and a new game opens at 10:30am with a mix of regulars and two large fish. After being card dead for 1hour I get dealt big slick and lose to junk, along with the next five hands I play. I finally take a few pots by making a play on a regular who has been up all night. He didn't like it muck when I flipped my 2-3 offsuit after he folted to a river raise. I get back to even when I capped the flop with three players and my queens hold up.
I get dealt kk and reraise a tight player who 4 bets so I cap the pot with a fish following along. Flop comes two suited with rags right up the fishes quility of hands so tighty bets and I raise getting the fish out, tighy reraises so I call knowing we are ties or I am badly beaten. The turn is the beuitiful king so he bets and I pop him with the three flush on the board now. He calls with his sure aces and ohhhhhhh yes rivers his two outer to beat my set. After blowing a gasket I am reminded by the dealer that I sucked out on him and he had more than two outs with a redraw to the nut flush. I make a total ass out of myself when the fish draws out on tighty and I start cheering. After having my mother in law staying with us all week I guess I needed to blow off some steam. Left embarrassed down 120 and headed back home. First time I have ever lost at 6-12 but had a blast doing it and am happy to see the game is still the best there.
If any 2+2ers were there I was wearing a blue nike shirt. Sorry for the low content. The moral is 6-12 is king.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Canterbury Park 6-12 still the best

yeah, every time you make a set of Kings your supposed to win. That's definitealy something to make such a huge deal out of that the dealer has to tell you that YOU were actually the one who sucked out.