Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Falcons @ Bears: Opportunity Knocks

[ QUOTE ]
haha thankyou toast, its people like you that help me make money. i pounded the bears and i pounded the bears preseason to win the north at 10:1. looks like that cool 10k will come in handy for my gf's birthday.

[/ QUOTE ]

try enzyte.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone has to explain two things to me:

(1) the failure to reverse the "interception" -- the receiver had possession and clearly was down ... and the TV crew does not know what they are taling about; and

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume they said no possession and since the ball never hit the ground it was a catch by the Bears' DB off of the WR's body. I couldn't really tell, though.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

(1) the failure to reverse the "interception" -- the receiver had possession and clearly was down ... and the TV crew does not know what they are taling about. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted this in another thread:

[ QUOTE ]
It was a good call on the INT. The receiver never established possession by getting a second foot down before getting knocked to the ground, in which case he must maintain possession when he hits the ground in order for it to be ruled a catch.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-19-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

(1) the failure to reverse the "interception" -- the receiver had possession and clearly was down ... and the TV crew does not know what they are taling about; and

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume they said no possession and since the ball never hit the ground it was a catch by the Bears' DB off of the WR's body. I couldn't really tell, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was no where near a catch. The ball was around his waist with no hand on it when he it the ground, which caused it to pop up in the air
Old 12-19-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

(2) the 4th down handoff to Duckett, after the same play lost 1 yard (oh and you have Vick back there who could run for it himself).

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither play had that much of an impact on the game. The Bears just kicked their ass.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was no where near a catch. The ball was around his waist with no hand on it when he it the ground, which caused it to pop up in the air

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the ball does not ever come out like that if he had possession.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

(2) the 4th down handoff to Duckett, after the same play lost 1 yard (oh and you have Vick back there who could run for it himself).

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither play had that much of an impact on the game. The Bears just kicked their ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but they had a significant impact on my wagers.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It looked to me like he caught it, started to take a step ("football move"), was pasted, hit the ground, and then the ball popped in the air. At least Jim Mora seemed to agree with me.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It looked to me like he caught it, started to take a step ("football move"), was pasted, hit the ground, and then the ball popped in the air. At least Jim Mora seemed to agree with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

to me, he gets popped, he only has one hand loosely on the ball after the hit and pops up when he hits the ground.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
haha thankyou toast, its people like you that help me make money. i pounded the bears and i pounded the bears preseason to win the north at 10:1. looks like that cool 10k will come in handy for my gf's birthday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! You tell him! I was looking at your post, the one you made before the game, and said "take the bears, they will cover." You were so right about that.

Good job coming in here and 1) telling a pick after the fact, 2)kicking somebody when they are down. We all really appreciate it. I hope it made you feel good.

craig

p.s. I did not bet on the game either way.
p.p.s. I mean I bet a lot on CHI. I am the greatest capper ever.