Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 03:35 AM

Default misclick - what now?

MP2 is very loose, about 70%vpip. CO is a little loose but not bad. Button is 15/5 after 100+ hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

THe call here was a misclick.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks (??), <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ...

I considered betting out, but expected mp2 and co to check to the raiser and I would have either raised to clear the field, or called and donked the turn.

After a bet, call, and a raise - what's my action? I felt there's a good chance button has TT-AA there, AKs of clubs is a good chance, and maybe some other AKs or AKo.

Not sure what to put the two loose players on. What's your move here? Feels like I'm slightly ahead or far behind.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:05 AM

Default Re: misclick - what now?

I like the c/r attempt because button will probably autobet that flop if checked to. With that much action you probably have to be afraid of any club, any overcard, and of course the possibility that you're already losing anyway. Being that you're not getting even close to correct odds if behind and you're OOP with two betting rounds to come I don't think there's anything wrong with a fold.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the c/r attempt because button will probably autobet that flop if checked to. With that much action you probably have to be afraid of any club, any overcard, and of course the possibility that you're already losing anyway. Being that you're not getting even close to correct odds if behind and you're OOP with two betting rounds to come I don't think there's anything wrong with a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I also would fold in this situation, especially since the Button looks to be a very tight raiser preflop(5%) which makes him more likely to have an overpair and also less likely to raise this flop on overcards,unless he has precisely two high clubs.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:11 AM

Button is 15/5, let's be scared of him. Go ahead and fold the flop. YOu'll definitely be folding the winner occaisonally but not often enough to compensate you for the amount you spew toa better hand.