Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 04:49 PM

Default OOT rules clarification

Dynasty and other mods,

I was banned yesterday for asking a question about whether or not two members of this forum were dating. I now realize that posting this kind of speculation regarding such ultrasensitive personal information is a major offense on 2+2 and I apologize deeply to all of those who were hurt by my callous actions.

I would however, like to ask for clarification on a few other items, so as to minimize the chances of being banned again.

Drinking - there have been numerous posts by other 2+2ers that describe excessive drinking by other forum members. Is this acceptable? A number of times 2+2ers have posted information about going out with me and witnessing my excessive drinking. This seems like pretty personal information to be sharing - is this OK?

Gambling - I have seen lots of posts across this forum that involve accounts of large gambling losses, including some of mine. This is pretty sensitive financial information, so I just wanted some clarification on what is OK to talk about when describing crazy gambling done by forum members.

Mental health - A poster yesterday created a whole thread focused around speculation that I might be going crazy. This thread resulted in extensive hurtful discussion. Sort of wondering why this was allowed to remain.

Drug use - In another thread, there was posted speculation (apparently from 2 members) that I was the person doing crazy amounts of cocaine. I'm a little shocked that my name was linked in that thread along with known degenerate drug users like crsig, cmfzzed, and DcigrThs (names changed to preserve anonymity). While that thread did make clear I was not that person, the speculation does seem very hurtful.

Sexual orientation - A forum member posted speculation that I had homosexual desire for bruiper and others also speculated that I am in love with anavardo (again, names changed). Not quite sure why this topic of speculation is allowed on here.

Anyway, like I said, there has been much speculation and discussion on this forum that I might be an insane cheating homosexual cokehead who drinks and gambles to excess, and all of that discussion was allowed to continue unabated. It sounds like you guys are now trying to reign in this outrageous behavior. I commend you for this and look forward to hearing more about the new policies.

I assume this is all a direct result of the new civility and decorum brought to this forum thanks to Quick Reply.

Best regards,
El Diablo
Old 12-08-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: OOT rules clarification

El Diablo = Paul Phillips?
Old 12-08-2005, 04:52 PM

"I might be an insane cheating homosexual cokehead who drinks and gambles to excess, and all of that discussion was allowed to continue unabated"

So, are you or not?

I used quick reply,
-DMB
Old 12-08-2005, 04:55 PM

PD: No, I obviously have nothing but the utmost respect for our moderators.

DMB: I'm not homosexual and I don't cheat.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:56 PM

El Diablo,

This looks like the perfect spot for the "crop duster".

flatulently yours,

Shajen
Old 12-08-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might be an insane cheating homosexual cokehead who drinks and gambles to excess

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking forward to hanging out with you one night before New Year's.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:59 PM

Also, I would like to thank you for changing the names of the other people. I know if I came on to an internet board and openly told everyone that I do certain illegal things, that I would want to be protected. If I ever become involved in any 2p2 rumors, it's good to know someone as yourself would have the decency to do such a thing.

P. Dirt

[ QUOTE ]
drug users like crsig, cmfzzed, and DcigrThs (names changed to preserve anonymity

[/ QUOTE ]
brilliant [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

i could see why the thread may have been locked (thats a judgement call), especially if requested by said individuals from the thread but i have to say i am really surprised that you were banned for that (even for only a short period of time).

El Diablo,

I'm glad to see the continual, positive impact of Quick Reply on these forums. It truly is a marvelous addition to the forums.

Missing your normal avatar,
Madtown
Old 12-08-2005, 05:01 PM

You were banned? And for that? Very lame.
Closed Thread