Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 01:28 AM

Default KQs, am i a fish

UTG is 45/12/.6 after 80 hands. Other guy is 40/5 after 80 hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

decent hand, position, okay call?

Flop: (8.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

OESD + overcards + backdoor flush draw. is this call too loose, or good, or marginal?

Turn: (8.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

easy enough call

River: (10.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>,

hmm, missed everything. any way to salvage this hand? easy enough fold?

Posting this hand because I didn't feel comfortable with 2 coldcalls in 1 hand.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: KQs, am i a fish

Preflop is a fold. KQs is strong, but not strong enough to 3-bet here. Coldcalling is probably worse.

Flop is fine except that I would 3-bet if I thought that would snag me a free card on the turn.

Calling this river would be bad. B-A-D, bad! Seriously what do you put villain on?
Old 12-01-2005, 02:44 AM

yeah i'm probably folding this one preflop as well. If I had one more limper and knew at least one blind was coming along then I might float this one.

Flop: I like a 3bet, hoping for a free turn UI.

River: Why would you ever call??
Old 12-01-2005, 02:45 AM

Ok PF call and Flop call. You have to hate the 3 bet, so what do you put him on? AA to TT, or at least AJo? Maybe QJ or KJ or JT?
Turn, the 3 might give you more outs but they are not clean, only JT makes your outs clean. None of your outs are to the nutz.
I think I would fold the Turn and fold the River.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:09 AM

Vs. a PFR and with few callers I toss this without a second thought.

But since I'm playing it, the flop is an easy 3-bet, hoping for a free card so I don't have to keep paying the LAG off if I don't hit.

Turn call is standard, as is the river fold.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
None of your outs are to the nutz.

[/ QUOTE ]
Getting 9:1 on the turn, they don't have to be to the "nutz." They only have to win more than half the time, which an A or 9 certainly will.

Folding the turn would be a mistake.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i'm probably folding this one preflop as well. If I had one more limper and knew at least one blind was coming along then I might float this one.

Flop: I like a 3bet, hoping for a free turn UI.

River: Why would you ever call??

[/ QUOTE ]

I never considered calling the river, just felt like I may have leaked a lot of money from two coldcalls, then folding for one more bet on the river, so maybe the 3-bet idea would be a better line - ie free card on turn and fold river UI.

I'd like to see more opinions on the preflop call though, seems KQs is one of the more popular hands to coldcall with (plus position) but I'm not sure how it would play out given that there aren't a bunch of limpers (which would make it a very easy preflop call IMO)