Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Am I playing too tight? hmmmmmmmmm

I'm surprised you didn't get some better quality responses (excluding the stats post link).

If you feel like you're playing too tightly, the most obviously place to loosen up would be blind defense. Check out some strategy from the short-handed forums, and try a few sessions playing 6-max and you'll probably loosen up playing from the blinds and add some EV to your game.

Another option is playing more speculative hands (67s, etc) from CO or button.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you feel like you're playing too tightly, the most obviously place to loosen up would be blind defense. Check out some strategy from the short-handed forums, and try a few sessions playing 6-max

[/ QUOTE ]

Sound advice, ty. Actually I have been considering playing 6 max more often, I only do it seldomly now but I have done well playing 6 max in the past.

I'm almost done with a bonus right now, but I'll probably try the next bonus playing just 6 max and see how I feel I played.

Loosening on blind defense...yup

[ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised you didn't get some better quality responses

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for JT, and Qtip I was sort of dissapointed.

It's funny I spaced on including the limit I play though.
puffy time

I figured the biggest flame I might get from trolls like Shen
major dick

would have been the small 18K sample size.

Well thanks again, Kev
Old 12-01-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

major dick

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole thing about this post though is that no matter what you say it's pretty tough to give an answer. What's too tight? What's too loose? Conditions change. Who you are sitting with changes, the games change ... etc. You can't say "is this too tight?" because there is just no real answer. For something a little closer post some pf hands you were unsure about and solicit responses or visit the I hate you Tiger Woods thread with the averages.

For a guy with 300 posts I figured you'd understand poker just a tiny bit better than to ask a question like that.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who you are sitting with

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 1/2 full ring, the answer is loose passive, and maniacs...
Sure there are some people who know what they are doing, but for the most part it's just lots of people making numerous mistakes. I'm sorry I spaced on including the limit.

but your first post was a little much

I do know a little bit about poker, I learned to play in a chicken coop when I was 15 for Christ's sake, hah!

....but I only been playin seriously on line for like a year..utilities and beer, punch and pie.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

major dick

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole thing about this post though is that no matter what you say it's pretty tough to give an answer. What's too tight? What's too loose? Conditions change. Who you are sitting with changes, the games change ... etc. You can't say "is this too tight?" because there is just no real answer. For something a little closer post some pf hands you were unsure about and solicit responses or visit the I hate you Tiger Woods thread with the averages.

For a guy with 300 posts I figured you'd understand poker just a tiny bit better than to ask a question like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tsai,

A little helpful advice:

Coming into a forum in which you are not particularly well known and have even fewer posts than the relatively inexperienced OPs, and calling their posts "gay," is not going to earn you much respect here.

I personally don't think it is acceptable for anyone to call another person's post "gay" (or any similar demeaning adjective), and I think it happens way too much here. In general, I think people should limit criticism to posts where they themselves have made an active attempt to answer the OP's questions. Then some encouraging insults might be acceptable.

So, the "first gayest post" and "second gayest post" thing is neither productive, nor particularly funny. For what its worth, I think we'd all be better off if the word "gay" would not be used in a demeaning or ignorant fashion at all in this forum.

So please, in the future, focus on contributing to threads that generate viable strategy discussion.