Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you paid taxes on your winnings this year?
I paid. 5 20.00%
I opted not to pay. 9 36.00%
I didn't win enough to pay taxes. 11 44.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: My Reason and Phillips Poll

[ QUOTE ]
Link to the crime?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, very funny [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, this is all moot because he is way too smart to ever post here again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't come back in his position, and it would having nothing to do with pride.

[ QUOTE ]
any links? im bored.

[/ QUOTE ]

His thread was deleted, that's the whole point of this debate...so no there is no link, unless you want to go to RGP or FullContact for the full transcript [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Unless Paul made a completely different post that I missed, banning him was absolutely ridiculous. Disagree with him? Fine. But there's no way what I read of his can be construed as a personal attack. I sometimes think moderators go too far too. I realize it's a tough job, and if I did it I'm sure some people would disagree with my decisions. But whatever they get paid or don't get paid, they have to have somewhat of a thick skin. Instead you guys decided to make an example of Paul simply because you disagreed, and someone got his feelings hurt. Those are very bad reasons, and I think you've really hurt your site. I'm pretty sure Paul won't be back, although I hope I'm wrong. So congratulations for getting rid of him, since that's the result regardless of the intention. I think some posters deserve to be banned, but when in doubt lean in the direction of discretion. That was not done in this case, and the loss is yours, and the 2+2 communities. It's not like we have that many real voices in the world of big time poker, and now we've lost one of them. Sorry this is so long, and my appologies if Paul made a completely different post other than the one I saw. But if it is just that one, banning him was completely wrong, in my opinion, which is all any of us can ever really give...
Old 11-10-2005, 02:02 AM

Also, this post is kind of funny.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, this is all moot because he is way too smart to ever post here again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't come back in his position, and it would having nothing to do with pride.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's a little bit of both. Obviously his ego prevents him going back on his word to never return. And he's too smart to waste his time and energy with debating people/self-censoring if he came back.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:08 AM

I think it's a moot point since he's said he won't post here again. Even if he did want to post here again, it would take all of 3 minutes to make a new account.

I agree with you that vicious personal attacks on mods (or anyone) should not be allowed. However, Paul brings up a good point in that Dynasty ( [censored] comes to mind also) boasts about banning people. Banning shouldn't be a fun contest, it should be something they do to keep the forum civil, without any emotional attachment.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:09 AM

Don't think he'll come back now, but yes, he should be "allowed" back. This whole thing is stupid. Seemed like a big ego trip from Mason to begin with. Mr. Phillips has been a 'mostly' positive contributor to this site (I look forward to his posts) and any negativity or childishness he displayed pales in comparison to some of the crap people post and get away with.

I suppose I get banned now for criticizing Mason too. What a joke this site and their 600 freaking moderators is becoming.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:09 AM

You shouldn't go on a banning spree if you're underage, or if you've had too much to drink. You might want to see this picture.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...but mason and the 2+2 website will have shown that they are willing to own up to mistakes and reverse a course of action in the interest of fairness

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good to me.
Closed Thread