Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Negreanu\'s latest blog update...

Because I've been reading his blog and statements he makes in his forum for nearly a year. It's evident that he cares about moral issues and his fellow man/woman. He talks more about integrity issues than any other poker player I know.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:57 PM

I think Danny's point is valid. The reason his blog entry is coming under fire is because of his repeated name dropping of lesser name players. It's an incredibly weak literary device at best, an attempt to be champion of the common man at worst.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The ironic thing is with 30 players left, Hellmuth, Chan and Brunson are alive, with Hellmuth #1.

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

Which brings me back to the point I made earlier. It's pretty damn unfair to those players whose chips Chan, Brunson, and Hellmuth took.

I don't care if it's Harrah's tournament or not - they put rules in place for qualifying, so they shouldn't change them at the last second.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because I've been reading his blog and statements he makes in his forum for nearly a year. It's evident that he cares about moral issues and his fellow man/woman. He talks more about integrity issues than any other poker player I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, that doesn't cut it. Ask Annie Duke about Daniel and moral issues.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:02 PM

Okay, can you get me in touch with her?
Old 11-07-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's pretty [censored] that Mark Seif isn't playing, he won two bracelets for god's sakes! And what about Dan Druff who won Player of the Year but no one has heard [censored] about that yet!

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott Fischman won two bracelets last year, and no one was asking him to be part of the TOC. Allen Cunningham won ESPN's WSOP POY, Todd Witteles was Card Player's POY (based on their flawed points system).
Old 11-07-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to take your wallet, remove $500, and then return it, and see if it's still a minor issue not worth talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's like you take my wallet, put $20000 in it, give it back to me, grab my wallet again and take $500 out of it. Feel free to do this anytime.

I've seen this sort of crap happen all the time in online free rolls, where some players get extra chips, players who complain get added...etc.

I can't see making a big deal of it it's pretty much SOP at freerolls for the sponsors to change the rules.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:19 PM

Arguing over 5% equity in a freeroll is going to look very funny in a few years. Good luck finding $2 mil freerolls after poker isn't on prime time TV anymore. This is the golden age.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a more accurate analogy, but you do change the math from losing 6% or so of your equity to 20%.

I rally really really can't understand why this has gotten such a strong reaction. Is there some history about this I don't know which is why people are ready to slam the organizers over anything? I don't read this forum often.

[/ QUOTE ]

So lying is okay in your world? The organizers LIED to every participant. LIED! What if you were on PokerStars, and you were the Tournament LeaderBoard leader and got to go HU with McEvoy. At the last minute, PS decides to throw in Gigabet and JJProdigy to the match, and make it a 4 player HU mini-tournament. How mad would you be? This is the same thing. The rules outlined the qualifications for qualifiers (huh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) and went against them. It's l-y-i-n-g.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:40 PM

What's ESPN going to do next, fake hole cards?