Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Who the best and worst tippers?? (For Dealers, but anyone is welcome

I have been dealing more than five years and here are my thoughts. In general, asians toke the best with older guys second. As far as the guy saying that it makes sense to tip a waitress because she will give you better service, but not a dealer because the dealer cant give you better cards, here is what I think. If you play regularly and dont toke dealers, it will cost you money in the long run. Dealers do double rakes and take two jackpot dollars. I know a stiff who lost almost 2K last year just from one dealer doing this to him. Its that serious. Last week in 20-40 game, there was a huge pot that got down to heads up. There was a good toker and a stone stiff. At the end, the good toker bets and while the stiff is thinking about it, the good toker throws his hand in face down, thinking that no one called. I returned the hand to the good toker and informed him that there was still one person yet to call. The stiff got infuriated, as he should have, but I told the floor that he asked for the cards back, which he didnt. Floor concluded it was a live hand. Stiff called, stiff lost, next case. $900 pot. Think about it.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Who the best and worst tippers?? (For Dealers, but anyone is welcome

[ QUOTE ]
Dealers do double rakes and take two jackpot dollars. I know a stiff who lost almost 2K last year just from one dealer doing this to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is indefensible, I don't care how big of a dick a guy is.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Who the best and worst tippers?? (For Dealers, but anyone is welco

Well I can see this thread went to hell. Just another tipping turned into a pissing for distance thread.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dealers do double rakes and take two jackpot dollars. I know a stiff who lost almost 2K last year just from one dealer doing this to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is indefensible, I don't care how big of a dick a guy is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's bordering on racketeering and extortion. Tip or I'll steal your money and give it to someone else. If I saw a dealer doing that, even if they were only doing it when stiffs dragged a pot, I'd bust their ass without a second thought. That said, I'm sure it does happen.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
chesspain apparently didn't know it, since that's precisely what he disputed (in response to which I made that post).

It would help if you read the thread and made the slightest attempt to understand what people are talking about before you ramble on.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously don't know anything about the internet. Post a LINK to the thread (which you did), not six thousand quotes. If he has the link he can read it himself, and we don't have to wade through SIX MILLION POSTS WE ALREADY READ (I keep repeating this) to see the one line of "original" thought you added at the very end. There's NO REASON to reproduce all of that garbage. None.

BTW, I take back calling you a moron. Obviously, *I* am the moron because I keep reading and responding to your retarded posts.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope this thread has an accident while freeclimbing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-31-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You probably won't get to experience this at Bally's. But, tipping gets worse the higher in limits you deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was at the Bellagio in February a player at my table(low limit nlhe) said to the dealer "I'll bet you wish you were dealing up there instead(while pointing to the high limit area where Phil Ivey and the boys were playing).

The dealing shook his head no and I said "because they're lousy tippers, right?" and he nodded yes.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
chesspain apparently didn't know it, since that's precisely what he disputed (in response to which I made that post).

It would help if you read the thread and made the slightest attempt to understand what people are talking about before you ramble on.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously don't know anything about the internet. Post a LINK to the thread (which you did), not six thousand quotes. If he has the link he can read it himself, and we don't have to wade through SIX MILLION POSTS WE ALREADY READ (I keep repeating this) to see the one line of "original" thought you added at the very end. There's NO REASON to reproduce all of that garbage. None.

BTW, I take back calling you a moron. Obviously, *I* am the moron because I keep reading and responding to your retarded posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus christ.

You know, I tried to be at least somewhat civil, but at this point I'm convinced you have a learning disability.

chesspain said "I'm sure there were no rational arguments in the threads you ALLEGEDLY READ [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]" and you're suggesting I rebut this by saying "Au contrair! I did in fact read this thread, and to prove it here is a LINK! Click on it and your browser will TAKE YOU RIGHT THERE! QED!"

My friend, you are about as sharp as a sack of wet mice.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus christ.

You know, I tried to be at least somewhat civil, but at this point I'm convinced you have a learning disability.

chesspain said "I'm sure there were no rational arguments in the threads you ALLEGEDLY READ [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]" and you're suggesting I rebut this by saying "Au contrair! I did in fact read this thread, and to prove it here is a LINK! Click on it and your browser will TAKE YOU RIGHT THERE! QED!"

My friend, you are about as sharp as a sack of wet mice.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the one that has a learning disability. REPOSTING SIX HUNDRED QUOTES is unnecessary and antisocial. You are effectively punishing everyone that reads the thread because YOU and possibly ONE OTHER PERSON didn't read all that [censored] the first time. Think about how inefficient it is for every f***tard that joins a conversation late to go back and repeat everything that had already been said before the conversation can continue. There's NO justification for it. It makes the entire thread longer than necesary, it makes your own points less likely to be read, it pisses everyone off. You don't have to PROVE to anyone that you read the other stuff. Welcome to the internet, shut the f*** up and listen until you figure out how it works.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mason,

As much as I respect your opinion I have to disagree...At the lower limits (Which are Bally's main games), 98 percent of the people are NOT going to tip based on how a dealer runs a game...

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ. I often play in LL games when I visit Vegas with my friends and I'll frequently tip a dealer even if I didn't win a pot if he ran the game well, kept his mouth shut, and dealt fast. The best part about this kind of tipping is that the dealer knows exactly what I'm tipping him/her for and hopefully that reinforces that they are doing a great job and they should stick to whatever it is that they are doing.

That said, not many people do that though - at least not that I've seen.