Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 09:10 AM

Default Poker Tracker Web Site Down!

Hi everyone, the PT web site is down because of a snafu at the site that I purchased my domain name through. I renewed it earlier in the week yet now it's saying it has expired. I just contacted them and they manually renewed it but it might take another 24 hours to come back online.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Poker Tracker Web Site Down!

Hello Pat.

Question: When is the version with the faster DB management coming out?. I read about this coming upgrade somewhere, but I can't remember.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:23 PM

One word "Networksolutions.com" no other problems, BTW, thanks for the update, the panic stricken zooers here will assume you ran off.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:21 PM

Hi folks, I just wanted to say that I am still having problems connecting to the web site from my home even though it seems everyone else can get to it. I cannot get to my email either so I am sending out reg. codes from my personal email and going to my sister's house and answering emails from there so there will be a delay until I get this fixed. I apologize for the problems.

A question to anyone that has any idea about these kind of things. When I log in to the PT web site from my home (any PC on my wireless netork) I get redirected to http://underconstruction.networksolutions.com/ - is anyone else still experiencing this problem? People are still placing orders so I know that some people are able to access the site. When I go to my sister's house, who lives about 15 minutes from me and uses the same ISP, I can get to everything fine. This is driving me nuts.

I have contacted Network Solutions. Since my domain was originally purchased through another wholesaler (onestop.net) they tell me to conact OneStop (BTW - the support at Network Solutions has no trouble getting to the site). When I contact OneStop, they are clueless telling me it's not their problem. They however get the same redirect as I am getting.

This is all so strange, if anyone has any ideas please pass them on. Thank you!

Pat
Old 03-26-2005, 06:34 PM

This happened to my site yesterday. I host it on a 3rd party server and the registrar that holds the domain went down I had to reset the DNS. I could not see the site for hours getting a "coming soon" page but my counter showed the site running as normal. Last night though hours after I could connect I got an email from someone who could not, but yet others never felt this hiccup at all. I guess give it another day to get the DNS settings to float around the internet, have you double checked them to make sure they point to the right place? Did you have to change them when the site came back up?