Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Inducing action against other players

i was playing in a live MTT during thanksgiving and had a chance to move up the ranks by making a play that i think made others bust each other out. it may have happened without my raise, but wanted to hear opinions.

top 6 pay, there were 6 left, blinds were 500-1000. i was big stack with 68,000. i was getting garbage for a while, and noticed that although we were in the money and loose aggro play was expected, everyone kept tightening up! so i tried to take advantage and raised a couple times, only to fold to a reraise.

but then, the play. i'm utg with ragged Q3, and raised to 3000. late position called, sb calls, bb pushes for about 3000 more. i fold, late position calls, sb calls. it's three way and the hands were: LP:99, SB:AQ, BB:22. now this is a hand that may have played the same way, but given the BB small stack i thought it'd be a chance for him to try and go all in to leverage his last chips for a preflop win. AND given the flop which was KJ5, i doubt there would have been too much action there. thoughts?
Old 12-06-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Inducing action against other players

It would help to know what LP's stack size was, it's possible he might have pushed all-in with 99 if it was folded to him, and that might have kept SB from betting, but BB likely calls no matter what as he is shortstacked and actually caught a pair.

I think you probably just donated 3000 chips for no reason, and the hand plays the same anyway--short-stack is going all-in, and at least LP is calling, and probably SB as well.