Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Poker Pet Peeves!

B&M, hand checked down on river, people hesitate to show their hands. Drives. Me. Nuts.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
B&M, hand checked down on river, people hesitate to show their hands. Drives. Me. Nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or how about people who don't know the correct order of showing? Your peeve would be remedied if people would take two seconds to learn this. I even saw it in the WSOP ME a few times this year, one hand in particular a player who bet said, "So, what do you have?," and his opponent understandably said, "Uh, you made the bet."

I don't know how people who know what they are doing stay so calm at those events.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:35 PM

my peef is these post ers heer that are grey
and i am not so i nrt get responces tomy pos ts
how i can get greeeeeyYY!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres 2 people at my normal home game that do this. its the worst if it is just them 2 at the river after the betting.
"you show first" " no you" " no you" "no you!"

I wish i could just tape their mouths shut
Old 11-17-2005, 07:22 PM

to that end....general slow-rolling with the nuts or near-nuts makes me want to punch someone.

If you hit a full-house with your 72o then just turn it over and take the pot.
I lost with AA one hand to a guy who did this. Paused....turned up my AA...dealer is waiting and waiting for the other guy...who had flopped the boat (so it's not like he didn't know what he had).

Prick Prick Prick.

(then again, if he's trying to tilt his opponents it might work. it was certainly getting me a bit angry).

Players who smell. I mean...I know you're a poker-player and all...but general, basic hygeine isn't THAT hard.

I'm not the bothered by the "zzzzzzzzzzzz" thing.
I sometimes respond "dddddddddddddddddd" "jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj".
But i like the "are you losing too slowly?" idea and may use that one in the future.

I've been known to show my cards from the BB before.
Usually it gets folded around to me and I haven't even looked at my cards yet...so I turn them up semi-dramatically to see for myself AND show the table.

Johnny Chan was doing this some in the WSOP-ME including one time when he showed 69 and declared it one of his favorite hands because it's "the love hand".
Old 11-17-2005, 08:15 PM

2 things:

1. when people take forever to act, and think that since they're multitabling they're allowed to take as long as they want
2. when someone says "ty" after they suck out, especially when nothing's been said in the chat box for an hour
Old 11-17-2005, 08:33 PM

When another 2+2'er at the table starts blabbing about having a gut shot hit on against them. It makes it even worse when it was accually correct to draw against them. ClemsonAce has table coached every time I've been at a table with him.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:41 PM

My personal annoyance is when people make a huge show every single time of checking their hole cards when the action gets to them. This might annoy me more than most because I look at my hole cards as soon as I get them (so people can't watch me). I'm not talking about people who wait though. I'm talking about those annoying bastards who pull down the shades, take 10 seconds to peek at their cards, play with their chips, make some inane statement like "I should raise" or "I know you don't have anything" and then, after wasting what seems like an hour, the dramtically muck usually with another annoying saying.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My personal annoyance is when people make a huge show every single time of checking their hole cards when the action gets to them. This might annoy me more than most because I look at my hole cards as soon as I get them (so people can't watch me). I'm not talking about people who wait though. I'm talking about those annoying bastards who pull down the shades, take 10 seconds to peek at their cards, play with their chips, make some inane statement like "I should raise" or "I know you don't have anything" and then, after wasting what seems like an hour, the dramtically muck usually with another annoying saying.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I'm glad I don't play live poker. I would punch someone.