Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 07:02 AM

Default STRASSA

limping on the button... Should it have its own thread? MTT forum any good?

^^^ I think ther are some spots where limping late in tournies is advantageous.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Watching this years WSOP the final straw.

I think today all MHNL posters should enter the $100 rebuy on stars and take it by storm.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:44 AM

Default LET ME STICK MY FOOT IN MY MOUTH

First of all, let me say that the WSOP is never, and never will be a donkfest. More and more as tournaments grow larger, so due the variables and the number of situations to knock out a pro, or "non-donk". How can you possibly call the WSOP a donkfest when the amount of hands you saw on T.V. were less than 1/100 of 1% of all hands played at the WSOP this year? Sure, this year there were more rookies and newbies than ever before, but there were also more quality players than ever before. Let me give you an example. I've played in cash games with Derek "tex" Barch on a handful of occasions. He's an excellent PL Hold'em player. But despite all of this, I can guarantee you that there are hands they could have shown him play in the WSOP that did not air that would make you say he was a lucky "donkey", when, clearly in my opinion and in the opinion of all those who know their ass from a deck of cards, he's stone cold at the table. You didn't mention Andrew Black as one of the "good" players at the table this year....Why? Because he pushed allin with KJo???

The hands that you see someone play on T.V. is rarely a reflection of how they play the majority of their hands.

And it's ironic to me that you mentioned Williams as one of the "good" players in last years main event final table. David is not a bad player, but some of the things he did were atrocious, and, had he not caught club-club on Mike McClaine, you wouldnt even know his name.

The OP made me very frustrated with his seemingly arrogant approach to the WSOP and the lure of the donkeys.

The WSOP will never, and has never, been a donkfest, and what you see on ESPN is a very very microscopic sample of hands played that are geared towards getting an audience.

WAKE UP.

Tex
Old 11-17-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: LET ME STICK MY FOOT IN MY MOUTH

from what i understand you are just wrong. the 2005 wsop was arguably the biggest "donkfest" in the history of poker.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:20 AM

BTW, congrats dude.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
David is not a bad player, but some of the things he did were atrocious, and, had he not caught club-club on Mike McClaine, you wouldnt even know his name.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. A lot of people forget he was on his way out in 17th place, and off into obscurity forever (outside the Magic circles).

I think Williams is horrible. Way too over-aggressive. The epitome of an internet tourney donk.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the 2005 wsop was arguably the biggest "donkfest" in the history of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

.. and wpt foxwoods might not be too far behind.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
David is not a bad player, but some of the things he did were atrocious, and, had he not caught club-club on Mike McClaine, you wouldnt even know his name.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. A lot of people forget he was on his way out in 17th place, and off into obscurity forever (outside the Magic circles).

I think Williams is horrible. Way too over-aggressive. The epitome of an internet tourney donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. But you are the epitome of a watch 10 hands and render a final judgment on someone's play donk.
-James
Old 11-17-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the 2005 wsop was arguably the biggest "donkfest" in the history of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

.. and wpt foxwoods might not be too far behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

that KJ v. JJ hand was brutal
Old 11-17-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he won a limit tournament at the bellagio and got second in Borgata (i think, someone correct me here). He can't be that bad.