Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 01:02 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Chuck\'s ready to make a change

i see and agree with surf and bobby's points regarding a midhigh split. there are probably a lot of people out there in mid-limit limbo with SS readers not being useful and MH posters finding their questions annoying.

mid stakes 8/16-15/30?

i think if you make it 20/40 and push higher stakes to 30/60+ it might be a little too exclusive. people with basic 20/40 or even 30/60 questions could still post them in the mid forum. if you set the high limit range too high and make a high limit HUSH i think you're really running a thinning risk since everything over 100/200 is shorthanded already. there's no telling where the mindshare will end up on the shorthanded posts. people should be more likely to abide by certain quality standards in the higher forum just because of the company too, so i wouldn't expect as many garbage hand history type posts.

i'd call the 20/40+ forum 'higher stakes' instead of 'high stakes', just because 'high stakes' has that nosebleed kind of connotation (which doesn't make sense even for 40/80).
Old 11-16-2005, 01:06 AM

So we stick with my list and call the rant forum badbeat/ variance? And Higher stakes 20-40 and above?
Old 11-16-2005, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So we stick with my list and call the rant forum badbeat/ variance?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it. People should be pleased with that list.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fantastic.

I agree with Astroglide that we risk diluting the high-stakes community too much...calling it "higher stakes" and setting the threshold at 15/30-20/40 is a good idea. Maybe we should encourage posters to use their own discretion for putting a more elementary 20/40 hand in mid stakes and a more advanced 15/30 post in "higher stakes?"

Also I like Variance/Bad beats or Bad beats/Variance as a name for that forum.

Regarding mods: Josh. would be a good candidate for Mid-stakes moderator(if he's interested, he might post in MUSH more than mid-stakes limit so he'd have to be consulted of course), and Josh., Krishanleong or Schneids would be good candidates for a 2nd MHUSH mod - after myself preferably since it'll be my home forum [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]... it likely wont need much moderation but having 2 is a good idea IMO because it's more likely that 1 mod is actively browsing at any given time, should a situation arise.

Also, I made a thread in HUSH to discuss forum split / improvements / mods / etc, and there was a very favorable response to MrWookie being the new SHUSH mod.

Surf
Old 11-16-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it. People should be pleased with that list.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so too. Happy Birthday Cola!

Surf
Old 11-16-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Happy Birthday Cola!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:31 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

'variance and bad beats'

'mid stakes: 8/16-15/30'

'higher stakes: 20/40+'

so my $0.02 is yeah
Old 11-16-2005, 01:49 AM

I suppose I could get behind the Bad Beat/Variance name. I guess we'll just have a note that brags and posts where villain overcalls with the nut low belong there. Hmmm. Maybe "Beats, Brags, and Variance" instead? Eh. The most important thing is that the forum get created.

Dids, the fact of the matter is that there are LOTS of people who want to post stuff like that. There are even some veterans who get a good chuckle out of posting or reading some of it. It's going to get posted somewhere whether we take a stand against it or not. I'd much rather have a positive outlet for it than have it popping up in the strategy forums every now and then. Plus, this gives the mods an easy way to deal with this stuff that isn't offensive to anyone. A lot of new posters make their first post (or one of their first) a bad beat or variance rant. Rather than drive away a pair of eyes that's looking at ads and buying books by insulting them and locking/deleting their post, we can move it, give it its day in the sun, and everyone's happy. I won't be so crass as to suggest that the creation of this forum is as big a deal as splitting HUSH, but, man, it's going to be fantastic.

For whoever moderates it, I would like to suggest having a policy that no downswing is too small and no beat is not bad enough to warrant posting. Make it sort of a "flame free zone." If we want people posting there, it's crucial that they not get flamed for posting in the appropriate place. Sure, people reminding the poster that 20 BB is indeed nothing can be fine, but I'm sure we all can tell the difference between a friendly reminder and a flame.

Thanks for the endorsement to mod SHUSH, LUSH, SSSH, or whatever we end up calling it. I should probably go looking for a partner in crime. I have a couple ideas from the Micro forum. I'll talk to them and see what they think. Do you have any 3/6 or 5/10 players who'd be good nominations from HUSH?
Old 11-16-2005, 01:50 AM

beats, brags, and variance sounds great
Old 11-16-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

For whoever moderates it, I would like to suggest having a policy that no downswing is too small and no beat is not bad enough to warrant posting. Make it sort of a "flame free zone." If we want people posting there, it's crucial that they not get flamed for posting in the appropriate place. Sure, people reminding the poster that 20 BB is indeed nothing can be fine, but I'm sure we all can tell the difference between a friendly reminder and a flame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Good post.