Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 03:42 AM

Default bunkfest trip report (kind of lame cause I can\'t write)

I met a ton of cool people.

I got to shake shack around 730, hour late and everyone was wrapping up - there were about 25-30 2+2ers and I knew maybe 10 of them, but got to know a bunch more.

It was great to see turnipmonster, edtost, actionbob, colgin, luv2driveTT, bunky, bunketter, metetron, jasonT, Klepton, maxpower, bdkclash, chris, and everyone else.

we get to the club and the tournament starts immediately, edtost and I are partners and we decide that I will play hold 'em and omaha/8, and he will play triple draw and stud/8 - I like our chances.

There is a 1-2 NL game going next to our initial table and we ask the floor if we can play each other's stack so they let us. So while im playing in the tournament ed played NL, and vice versa. We lost quick.

let me rephrase. Ed lost quick. between donking off our money in NL, and calling down with a flush in triple draw, he was playing like he wanted to fund everyone else's kid's college education. I think we busted out 8th in the tournament, top 3 team paid, there was probably 20 - 25 teams or so, so not too bad.

hardest part for me was playing omaha live and trying to look at all 4 of my cards without lifting them completely off the table, then remembering what they were.

Turnipmonster and his partner won the tournament, i do not know the posting name of his partner, but he definitely played good.

pink chip game started and I grabbed the seat directly left of "action" actionbob. Action "why fold when you can straddle or raise" proceeded to pump every pot for my superior post-flop card catching skills and I quickly won a lot of pink chips. Oh yeah, ed won back all our money and then some in the NL game. He plays good.

The most fun was the bar afterwards, even though it took us 30 minutes of walking and at least one failed attempt to find a bar that worked for us (bar that worked?) c'mon).

I got to meet some other great people (Vanessa nice 10$ prop bet!, cnfuzzed) and gained more respect for NL play - i gotta learn that game.

a huge thanks to bunky and bunkette, and also luv2driveTT - I had a great time and know it's not easy to organize these things. thanks!

two hands discussed at dinner reposted by request:

Game #xxx: Texas Hold'em Limit ($50/$100) - 2005/04/02 - 01:08:32 (EST)
Table "Porcupine" Seat 7 is the button.
Seat 1: Crowner ($8048.50 in chips)
Seat 3: DoorCard ($3512 in chips)
Seat 6: highland6 ($1536 in chips)
Seat 7: Stox ($7863 in chips)
Seat 10: Ineedlove ($2241 in chips)
Ineedlove: posts small blind $25
Crowner: posts big blind $50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Stox [Th 9d]
DoorCard: folds
highland6: folds
Stox: raises $100
Ineedlove: raises $125
Crowner: folds
Stox: calls $50
----- FLOP ----- [9s Ts Td]
Ineedlove: checks
Stox: bets $50
Ineedlove: raises $100
Stox: raises $100
Ineedlove: calls $50
----- TURN ----- [9s Ts Td][3s]
Ineedlove: bets $100
Stox: raises $200
Ineedlove: raises $200
Ineedlove: is all-in $41
Returned uncalled bets $59 to Stox
----- RIVER ----- [9s Ts Td 3s][Js]
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Stox: shows [Th 9d] (A Full House, Tens full of Nines)
Ineedlove: shows [As Jc] (A Flush, Ace high)
Stox collected $4529 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot $4532 Main pot $4529 Rake $3
Board [9s Ts Td 3s Js]
Seat 1: Crowner (big blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: DoorCard folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: highland6 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Stox (button) showed [Th 9d] and won ($4529) with A Full House, Tens full of Nines

All I can say about that hand is thank you poker gods, for letting me be dealt this hand at that time, with this guy, on this table.

This next one I guess sometimes a little pre-flop deception pays off every now and then.

Game #xxxx: Texas Hold'em Limit ($100/$200) - 2005/07/04 - 14:26:14 (ET)
Table "Naos" Seat 4 is the button.
Seat 1: LaCubana ($10923.73 in chips)
Seat 2: Seabasss ($1000 in chips)
Seat 3: giacomo ($8006.50 in chips)
Seat 4: XXXX ($33720 in chips)
Seat 5: Stox ($12759.50 in chips)
Seat 6: Alzesprfn ($201344 in chips)
Stox: posts small blind $50
Alzesprfn: posts big blind $100
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Stox [Ad Ah]
LaCubana: folds
giacomo: folds
XXXX: raises $200
Stox: calls $150
Alzesprfn: folds
----- FLOP ----- [2d Ac Kd]
Stox: checks
XXXX: bets $100
XXXX: raises $200
Stox: calls $100
----- TURN ----- [2d Ac Kd][7h]
Stox: checks
XXXX: bets $200
Stox: raises $400
XXXX: raises $400
XXXX: raises $400
XXXX: calls $200
----- RIVER ----- [2d Ac Kd 7h][9d]
Stox: bets $200
XXXX: calls $200
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Stox: shows [Ad Ah] (Three of a kind, Aces, King high)
XXXX: mucks hand
Stox collected $3897 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot $3900 Main pot $3897 Rake $3
Board [2d Ac Kd 7h 9d]
Seat 1: LaCubana folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: giacomo folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: XXXX (button) mucked
Seat 5: Stox (small blind) showed [Ad Ah] and won ($3897) with Three of a kind, Aces, King high
Seat 6: Alzesprfn (big blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
****HAND ENDS****
Old 07-31-2005, 04:25 AM

Default Re: bunkfest trip report (kind of lame cause I can\'t write)

[ QUOTE ]

This next one I guess sometimes a little pre-flop deception pays off every now and then.

[/ QUOTE ]

A little deception.... OR letting both you and XXXX flop top set and second set, respectively, might get you some action. I bet you got $200-300 more out of XXXX than you would have had you just 3 bet PF. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2005, 12:15 PM

I think it is funny that the guy actually hit his flush draw on the river.

Turnipmonster's partner was DrSavage.

Edtost is probably the most cheerfull guy I've every met. Its good to be young.

Poor Bunkette was probably in misery at the bar, but I'm sure she drags Bunky to plenty of places that bore him to tears.

Good seeing you again stox. You are quickly becoming my poker idol [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let me rephrase. Ed lost quick. between donking off our money in NL, and calling down with a flush in triple draw, he was playing like he wanted to fund everyone else's kid's college education. I think we busted out 8th in the tournament, top 3 team paid, there was probably 20 - 25 teams or so, so not too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
pink chip game started and I grabbed the seat directly left of "action" actionbob. Action "why fold when you can straddle or raise" proceeded to pump every pot for my superior post-flop card catching skills and I quickly won a lot of pink chips. Oh yeah, ed won back all our money and then some in the NL game. He plays good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the irony of these two statements is too funny not to point out.

As Max Power pointed out Ed has got to be one of the most jovial people I have ever met. He was very smart to choose Stox as a partner, not so smart to play a flush in Triple Draw 2-7 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

To cut Ed some slack, on my table's first Triple Draw hand I made a huge error.... I was thinking A-5 not 2-7 strategy and kept an Ace on the first draw by discarding 3 cards from the big blind. I immediately realized my error but luckily our (Max Power and I) hand improved. By the second draw we had a pat hand and took down the pot.... now thats how the F**k up and still win the pot!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2005, 01:10 PM

wow, that was quick!

and yes of course - I didn't mean to imply that my play was awesome - though it may have seemd to come off that way, sorry. I think it's obvious XXXX had KK. He had me well covered too, I probably should have had more at the table just in case he decided to go 50 bets or something!
Old 07-31-2005, 01:37 PM

Victory is mine!

Utilising my mad triple draw skillz and turnip's mad split game skillz we were able to cruise to victory through the fierce competition and collect everyone's money and cool 1st place prizes of which there were engraved flask and a T-Shirt. Pics are provided, unfortunately i had to take them with my cellphone since i lost my camera (read: some hooker probably stole it) in Vegas :

A blast overall, thanks a bunch to bunky and TT for organising this, unfortunately i didn't make it to the bar since I got a brutal headache and probably wouldn't drink anyway since i was driving [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Nice meeting you all.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

note that the triple draw hand where i stood pat with 87432 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (dammit, i really thought it was the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]!) was not the hand we busted on......

it was great seeing again/meeting/playing with all you guys, and shake shack ruled. thanks for putting in the effort to make this happen TT, it was awesome.

also, turnipmonster is really good at nlhe, for that poster out there that somehow didn't know this yet.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:01 PM

was great meeting and hanging out w/everyone. thanks again to bunky and tt!

--turnipmonster
Old 07-31-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 6: Alzesprfn ($201344 in chips)

[/ QUOTE ]

insane
Old 07-31-2005, 04:24 PM

i have to say, as much fun as it was in the bar, you people have absolutely no idea how to drink. Seriously, no shots, no prop bets, other than mine, and we didnt even get kicked out. However, as some nice soul payed for everything, im not complaining to much. Good times, and it was great to see everyone.

peace

john nickle