Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Hand from WCOOP #1

During the 2nd level of WCOOP 1 I played this hand and was looking for comments on every street. I hadn't developed much in the way of a read since it was early, but the SB hadn't done anything crazy. I'm really upset with how I played it, hence the post.

Blinds 15/30

I open to 85 on the button w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and am called by both blinds. The flop is A98 w/ a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. They check to me and I bet 150. The SB min checkraises and the BB folds. I call.

Turn is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the SB leads for 600 into the pot that now has 840 or so in it. This is where things get interesting. I can call and have 1200 left if I miss, or maybe move him off a better hand by raising all in right here. I decided to just call.

The river pairs the 6 and now he bets only 600 again. I think and think and finally call.

What you think?
Old 09-10-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Hand from WCOOP #1

Limp or fold preflop. This early on, you are not going to be stealing blinds.

Fold to the checkraise. You can only beat a bluff.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Hand from WCOOP #1

At this blind level, with this structure, I'd muck it preflop. A2 is pretty much a one card hand with little showdown value besides the flush. At this stage with deep stacks I really believe tight play will get the money, as you are going to have to show down hands for the most part. Drawing heads up is chip spewing at this stage.

If I got involved preflop, I'd ussually check behind on the flop to keep the pot small and hopefully induce a bluff. I'd then call the turn bet and possibly the river depending on the opponent.