Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Whats the best way to read women?

dude...you're most likely screwed due to your attitude. she likes you...go with it.

First, go to fastseduction.com and read through the 101. I've had to rescue many a friend from his pansyness and one-itis. Hammering them with the ideas from that site seems to help.

Face it, you're a stud, otherwise miss wonderful wouldn't be interested. Act like it.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, this girl seems to have all of the best qualities of my first and best girlfriend and I haven't noticed any of the bad qualities yet and she's approximately 400 times hotter and twice as intelligent.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Not that I'm a pessimist in things like this, but your initial/early impression of someone is often much better than it is after some time. This is especially true when that someone is a member of the opposite sex, you're not currently involved with anyone, and she's hot. Don't build her up, for mulitple reasons: first, it will make it all the much harder/unnatural for you to make your move, second it will be a lot more difficult to take a possible rejection, and third it's very likely that she won't live up to your hopes and expectations. It's not unlike being dealt pocket aces--they look great & a part of you automatically assumes that you're going to win a nice pot, but you have to remind yourself that it's very possible that you'll lose the pot, or that you'll only succeed in stealing the blinds. And the more you build those aces up in your mind preflop, the more likely you're going to end up overplaying them postflop.

[ QUOTE ]
Two weeks ago, I didn't even like her. Then I realized that we had a lot more in common than I thought and that I should try to be more tolerant of her weird spiritual beliefs (I'm basically an atheist)

[/ QUOTE ]

A difference in religious views is a pretty big stumbling block in any relationship. It's not impossible to overcome (my parents are of different religions, and have been married for 35 years), but keep in mind that this is not likely to be the only difference of opinion/lifestyle that the two of you have. And yes, the age difference is troublesome.

And don't worry so much about your own appearance--I'm butt ugly and I've dated some very hot women in life. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 07:24 PM

I havent played with enough to know this for sure, but from my experience woman play more straighfoward, with less bluffing so approach them as a Taggish player and base you reads off of that....
Old 10-25-2005, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not unlike being dealt pocket aces--they look great & a part of you automatically assumes that you're going to win a nice pot, but you have to remind yourself that it's very possible that you'll lose the pot, or that you'll only succeed in stealing the blinds. And the more you build those aces up in your mind preflop, the more likely you're going to end up overplaying them postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The brilliance of this analogy cannot be overstated. If I was 10% as thorough as Harv, in cards or in life, I'd be in much better shape. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he suspects she's about to reject him, he can always just quickly turn it around and reject her. I think that works, doesnt it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I say go for it regardless of any suspicion. If he gets rejected, then he should simply not care about it. He'll have the rest of the quarter/semester to deal with her.

This sort of "rejecting her first" strategy is just a fragile ego talking. Maybe it works on some women...but experience tells me that women fear rejection and he'd lose any hope with her if he did this.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:47 AM

I was actually kidding, I guess I forgot to use enough sarcasm font.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:51 AM

I forgot to turn on the sarcasm mech in my robotic body. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Robot have hard time read sarcasm on word form.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:21 AM

Default Revised Estimate. (And an Insurance bet)

78%. Thinking more about her age. Unless she's unbelievable, she needs to prove her youth.

Betting $100, even money, you get there by Jan 1. Must reply BEFORE you ask her out.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:19 AM

Wow, I can't believe I just read this entire thread. Must not be NBA season yet. Anyway dude, important thing you must know...

This girl likes you because she sees an opportunity to take control of your soul. Macho guys are a threat to her because they know (or even overestimate and take advantage of) their market value. From the sounds of it, you grossly underestimate your market value and certain women instantly recognize that and see it as a huge opportunity.

There is no doubt in my mind that you can score with her, but the question is at what price? Of course I don't mean $$$, but rather letting her manipulate you to satisfy her goals.

She doesn't know yet if she wants to have sex with you, but if you show interest she will start to test you a bit and play little games to test how much power she can get over you. If you respond in a way that makes her believe she will have a lot, then you will score.

Of course your troubles may only be beginning then because you will likely fall in love, knowing (or thinking) that you will not be able to get another similarly hot chick later, and so commitment after commitment will pile up, and when you finally come to your senses 10 years later (and she loses her hotness) it will be too late to do anything about it.

Recommended approach:

Dupe her into thinking she can control you by playing along in her games, then after you've scored, start acting aloof and disinterested. This will then put her to a decision, either outcome of which is beneficial to you...either she will lower her power demands and let you call the shots (which you should take full advantage of), or she will write you off as a jerk and look for another sucker to prey on. In this latter scenario you should be confident in knowing that it wouldn't have worked out anyway and it ended at the optimal time, ie. after you've scored but before you invested too much time and energy into her.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:00 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
Well, this girl has all of the best qualities of my first and best girlfriend without any of the bad qualities and she's approximately 400 times hotter and twice as intelligent.

I need to stop building this up though. Two weeks ago, I didn't even like her. Then I realized that we had a lot more in common than I thought and that I should try to be more tolerant of her weird spiritual beliefs (I'm basically an atheist)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you do. (I make that mistake all the time myself.) Anyways, good luck Snowball!

And by the way, don't take Sklansky's bet. Who would want to bet against Sklansky anyway?