Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 11:19 PM

Default QJ suited - max value?

Only played 30 hands at table. Tables averages are loose with a high average pot and people usually seeing the river.

CO is new - it is her first orbit at the table and this is her first hand she has gotten involved with. She only showed up with 5BB to play with. No reads at all.

No good reads on BB as it is my first time playing with him. He is 68/8/1.14 over 25 hands, so if this continues it's pretty loose passive. The last hand I played with him he played very straightforward - reraised when he caught two pair versus my TPTK.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.00 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB.

I was expecting to smooth call the turn hoping over an overcall by the BB. The BB's bet scared me, but I figured that I would get 3-bet by a higher flush so I c/r'd. Right move? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Eric

EDIT: First post - lots of typos.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Re: QJ suited - max value?

I donk this flop almost all the time looking to 3-bet with my huge draw.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:35 AM

Does anyone fold this preflop? I'd only want to see a flop if I knew BB will come along with me a large percentage of times.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:02 AM

Bet the flop.

As for your turn plan to smooth call hoping for an overcall by the BB, its not a good idea. If a 68/18 player is gonna call 1 bet with whatever he has, he's probably going to call 2 or 3 as well so go ahead and raise.

-ActionBob