Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 07-07-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Getting TV-card for pc

Any hints/tips? Do you need to use an aerial?
Old 07-11-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Getting TV-card for pc

bump
Old 07-11-2005, 04:56 PM

I have a hauppage pvr-150 mce with Sage TV ( http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/produ...pvr150mce.html ). The coax cable from my cable tv service screws directly into the back of the card, so I suppose you could use an antenna. I like this place: http://www.pcalchemy.com/index.php
Old 07-11-2005, 05:24 PM

All cards I seen has antenna and compisite input. I myself have a crappy PCTV Rave. Not something I would recomend, it is pretty much the cheapest crap found. Wouldn't pay even $20 for it. Traded it for a pizza so it was ok for that price.

If you have thoughts about buying a new graphics card as well, then consider buying an ati all in wonder. Good value, even though there are better tv cards out there. Unless you got a very good source for the signal don't spend too much on the card, my expecience tells me that it is ofthen (although not in my case) the signalquality that limits the quality on screen not the card itself. Make sure you buy a card made by a well known manufacturer, lesser known often have bad drivers, and not so often updated drivers.

I think Pinnacle PCTV Pro should do it for most normal use or as a entry level tv capture card. Not the best card nor the worst. Cost about $60 in the USA. Their drivers can be a bit tricky to get to work but once they do, they cause no problems.