Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2004, 07:19 PM

Default A9s UTG+1. Big pot.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 <font color="purple">(Maniac)</font> calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">BB <font color="purple">(LAG)</font> raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 <font color="purple">(Maniac)</font> calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (14 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">LAG bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Maniac folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB calls, LAG calls, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, LAG calls.

Turn: (17.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">LAG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">LAG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (32.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">LAG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 36.50 BB
Old 08-30-2004, 07:26 PM

Default Re: A9s UTG+1. Big pot.

Wait until the turn to raise

Or were you afraid a flush draw would raise from your left?
Old 08-30-2004, 07:41 PM

Isn't this one of those times in a big pot where your play is not to get the most money in, but to get opponents out? In that case the flop raise is absolutely appropriate as it forces the field to call 2 cold.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:42 PM

Isn't this one of those times in a big pot where your play is not to get the most money in, but to get opponents out? In that case the flop raise is absolutely appropriate as it forces the field to call 2 cold.

Nope

This is one of those times when a flop raise doesnt really protect your hand (against 4-5 outers)

But a turn raise will
Old 08-30-2004, 07:47 PM

I have top two. What 4 or 5 outers are there on this board?
Old 08-30-2004, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Nope

This is one of those times when a flop raise doesnt really protect your hand (against 4-5 outers)

But a turn raise will

[/ QUOTE ]

Color me stupid, but what hands have 4-5 outs here?

edit: yeah what bison said
Old 08-30-2004, 07:54 PM

I'm thinking your play looked fine to me. Some would say, wait till the turn but I'm thinking with so many people left to act who knows what will happen on the turn. I say throw the raise in on the flop and hope for the best.

After the turn action I really like your chances on the river.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:59 PM

I have top two. What 4 or 5 outers are there on this board?

45s

Its the only one I can see [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

I guess with top two you dont have much to fear, but if you raise this flop(45s probably will call) and get checked to on the turn 45s has the right to call you (one of the outs is tainted of course so the decision would be close)
Old 08-30-2004, 08:04 PM

Wait until the turn to raise

With top two I'm raising the flop hoping to cap
Old 08-31-2004, 12:34 PM

I want to bump this.

I am thinking Bison was correct in raising the flop here, but I also think i was *thinking* along the right lines. If we had TP/BP instead of top two would waiting be correct?

How do other players approach situations like this? With 6 otehr players in the hand, what are the chances a flush draw is out there? Does this change the decision on when to raise? Example raising a non club on the turn, do we make more money when the flush whiffs etc etc etc.

Damn I ask a lot of questions [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]