Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 10:15 AM

Default Simple question about Neteller

I want to sign up for Neteller. When signing up it asks for the country where you hold your funds. I live in the UK but should I put United States? Will this mean I avoid any charges for currency conversion when depositing/withdrawing to/from a site?

Thanks
Old 05-06-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Simple question about Neteller

Not tell the truth and set the account up in USD.

You will only have conversion charges when you deposit or withdraw from neteller to your bank, not when you deposit/cashout to poker sites. They will send you a GBP cheque even if your account is in USD.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really sure what they hell he's trying to say here . . . but I think he's saying that you SHOULD give factual information and use Britain as your country but make sure you set up your account using USD as your base currency. Setting your base currency is one of the steps you do on sign-up and cannot be changed (without closing one account and openning another) at a later date . . . so be careful.

[ QUOTE ]
They will send you a GBP cheque even if your account is in USD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure this is wrong. If you transfer funds electronically they send them to you in your home currency but if they send you a cheque it can be in US funds.

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] busguy
Old 05-06-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really sure what they hell he's trying to say here . . . but I think he's saying that you SHOULD give factual information and use Britain as your country but make sure you set up your account using USD as your base currency. Setting your base currency is one of the steps you do on sign-up and cannot be changed (without closing one account and openning another) at a later date . . . so be careful.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure this is wrong. If you transfer funds electronically they send them to you in your home currency but if they send you a cheque it can be in US funds.

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] busguy

[/ QUOTE ]
Tell the truth means, DONT LIE and say you are from the US>

Write to neteller and they will confirm that cheques sent to UK residents are sent in GBP, no matter what your currency @ neteller is.

I think you should check your facts before you "correct" someone

The attitude on this forum seems to be catching....
Old 05-06-2005, 12:11 PM

I can also confirm that the GBP cheques arrive from Barclays Bank. A Branch in heathrow or Gatwick can't actually recall which one.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The attitude on this forum seems to be catching....

[/ QUOTE ]

If by attitude you are referring to yours then I think you may be correct.

What is with getting your little johnson in a knot. My post was meant to help the OP. Your post was VERY poorly worded in addition to having what I thought to be incorrect information. Let's examine . . shall we . . .

You said:

[ QUOTE ]
Not tell the truth and set the account up in USD

[/ QUOTE ]

How you expected anyone to understand what you meant is beyond me. I attempted to clarify what I think you meant . . . and what I definately meant.

[ QUOTE ]
Tell the truth means, DONT LIE and say you are from the US>

[/ QUOTE ]

Had you said anything close to something resembling this, I wouldn't have had to jump in and clarify (for the OP's benefit).

You said :

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said :

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Pretty sure" means that I may be wrong and unlike yourself, am very open to being corrected.

Assuming that you set up your Neteller account using USD as your base currency (which everyone should do), here in Canada you can only get electronic funds transfered from Neteller to your bank account in Canadian dollars (which inccurs exchange fees) but if they send you a cheque it can (your choice) be in CDN dollars (inccurs fees) or in US funds (no fees). My assumption was that Britain would be the same. I would assume however that any intelligent person from Britain (who was interested) would check with Neteller (as you later suggest) to ensure that they have the correct information.

Maybe re-read your post (to see how good or bad it may have been) next time before you attempt to jump down someone's throat for suggesting something "other" than what you did . . . and in so doing just end up looking like a jackass.

busguy
Old 05-06-2005, 01:05 PM

Put your real UK address in, but open the account in USD.

The end.