Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: For the record

[ QUOTE ]
At $50, the demand is low

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting. I would think that the only one who can decide whether the demand is low is Amir. If he only sells a handful, but doesn't have to deal with all the freeloaders, then he may decide that the price was perfect!

I think the reason why there is so much back lash here on 2 + 2 can be directly correlated with the results from a recent poll which showed that the majority of respondents were under the age of 25. It is this generation which was spoiled by all of the "free" downloadable music etc. So maybe it is something that they just expect.

I for one applaud Amir's decision and think that the price is right. Now it would be great if a lot of you TAG's would drop out of the 10/20 6 max because this software was toooooo expensive.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:56 AM

Default Re: To all the PV haters

I object to the 50$ pricetag because it's an addition to another piece of software, and doesn't work at all without a pokertracker database. 50$ just seems too steep for that sort of restriction.

When I first heard PV was going pay, I thought "good for the programmer, unless he charges like 50$ for it." 20-30$ seems much more reasonable considering the restrictions it has.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:03 AM

Seriously WTF? You wankers only want to pay 25$ instead of 50$?

I don't know what's involved in putting this together, but I do know that I can't do it. Before GameTime+ I was going crazy typing players names into the pokertracker tables.My life is so much easier now, thanks to this software.

Pokertracker is way underpriced as well. Lots of us would pay 500$ for it in a heartbeat.

50$ is a bargain.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously WTF? You wankers only want to pay 25$ instead of 50$?

I don't know what's involved in putting this together, but I do know that I can't do it. Before GameTime+ I was going crazy typing players names into the pokertracker tables.My life is so much easier now, thanks to this software.

Pokertracker is way underpriced as well. Lots of us would pay 500$ for it in a heartbeat.

50$ is a bargain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those wankers are not talking about Gametime+....
Old 05-04-2005, 04:11 AM

Question is, is it 50$ better than GT+? Or even 25$ better?
Old 05-04-2005, 04:26 AM

I don't know, I've never tried PV. I would imagine it's only a matter of time before GameTime+ costs money too.

The point is that it's an essential tool for an activity where we make good money. 50$ is a joke for this product.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really just think it's a poor business decision on his part. I believe he could sell way more than twice as many if he sold it for $25.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree. I also don't really believe PV will help me $50 more than GT will.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:39 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I really just think it's a poor business decision on his part. I believe he could sell way more than twice as many if he sold it for $25.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this at first too. But the longer I think about it, the less I believe it. He might sell twice as many initially, but I think over time he will end up selling almost the same amount, assuming GT+ doesn't upgrade, and no other solution come about. Micro players will move up, dissenters will cave in, etc. If I had to guess, I'd say he sells between 65-70% as many copies over the long haul with a price of $50 compared to what he would at $25.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:56 AM

I downloaded PV once and it was so ugly and confusing that I stuck with GT+.

Being a GT+ user I dont even know what PV offers that GT+ doesnt but $50 is an awful lot of money for an alternate to GT+.

What additional info does PV show?
Old 05-04-2005, 09:19 AM

In many ways, its a matter of preference. I started using PV on the very first day it was released (Amir was up for like 76 hours straight over thanksgiving responding to feedback in books/software on 2+2 and releasing countless updated versions). Watching he and CT work so hard for so long just because people said they wanted this app made me fall in love instantly.

I once used GT+ for about a week when PV was going through some growing pains (a bug existed that affected a limited number of users, I happened to be one) and never found it to be as useful, customizable or pleasant to work with. I don't claim to be an expert in what GT+ can or can't do so I can't compare objectively. For my money, $50 for PV is a bargain and I've never considered switching to GT+.

The whole idea for PV was spawned on 2+2 when Amir asked if anyone would pay for such a program. He posted some mocked up screen shots and the place went crazy with people saying they'd love to have this tool and would gladly pay. 3 or 4 weeks later, PV was born and then people were faced with the option to put up or shut up. Several people made voluntary donations but countless others didn't; the free ride continued for 6 months, now that its over the backlash has been surprisingly fierce.

FWIW - back when it was free I made up my own price and was happy to send Amir $40 - today I think $50 is totally fair. I'm going to send him another $10 right now just so we're square.